Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hi From London - Pajero Immobiliser Problem

Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi From London - Pajero Immobiliser Problem

Hello all,

I joined today. My interests are electronics, motor mechanics, computing and music. I have been visiting the forums from time to time but registered today.

Although this site is mainly for Evolutions I thought that someone could possibly help me with an immobiliser problem with a Pajero. I wasn't too sure where to post this question. Details are as follows:

My brother has a Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2L DI-D (4M41 Engine, Manual 2002). Unfortunately he lost the 1 and only key. An attempt to cut a new key was made. The key is capable of cranking the engine although it does not start. My understanding is that the new key needs to be programmed. Unfortunately the local dealer (in a third world country) has quoted an exorbitant amount of money and has said that it will be several months before being able to supply the key.

Would someone please advise whether it would be possible to dissable the immobiliser function within the ECU. If so, how can this be done. I can buy communication cables if necessary if it is a question of using software. At least this would enable the car to be used and eventually be taken to a neighbouring country with the facilities to program the transponder.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks,

Mike
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:32 PM

I wonder if someone can help me? This is a genuine question and I'm not intending to do anything illegal.

Thanks
Originally Posted by pinyoro
Hello all,

I joined today. My interests are electronics, motor mechanics, computing and music. I have been visiting the forums from time to time but registered today.

Although this site is mainly for Evolutions I thought that someone could possibly help me with an immobiliser problem with a Pajero. I wasn't too sure where to post this question. Details are as follows:

My brother has a Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2L DI-D (4M41 Engine, Manual 2002). Unfortunately he lost the 1 and only key. An attempt to cut a new key was made. The key is capable of cranking the engine although it does not start. My understanding is that the new key needs to be programmed. Unfortunately the local dealer (in a third world country) has quoted an exorbitant amount of money and has said that it will be several months before being able to supply the key.

Would someone please advise whether it would be possible to dissable the immobiliser function within the ECU. If so, how can this be done. I can buy communication cables if necessary if it is a question of using software. At least this would enable the car to be used and eventually be taken to a neighbouring country with the facilities to program the transponder.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks,

Mike
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:22 AM

welcome!