Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Question about 2012 lancer evolution MR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about 2012 lancer evolution MR

I I finally had a chance to test drive the evo MR and it felt like it was going to rip my face off. The deler that rode with me was a young guy who told me to push it hard so we took it on some of the twisty back roads of northern PA and really gave it a workout. I was suprized at the ride comfort given the performance of the car. (I'm comming from a BMW 335XI which was crazy in performance but had a smooth ride). I dare to say the MR felt faster and could corner at higher speeds.

Here is my question, I don't see a sub-forum on here for the2012 MR so I wanted to know if it was listed unter a difference forum like an evo X or something else.

Also, I noticed on the MR that the tires looked like summer performance. Are they all seasons or summer performance? Will I need to get a set of blizzacks?

Also, to does Mitsubishi offer a tire and wheel warranty wile BMW offered? Also, does Mitsubushi offer a factory tune to the engine like bmw performance so I don't blow the warranty?

Sorry for all the questions but I am new to this car and want to know as much as possible.

Thanks!

Carl
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:30 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum!

The MR & GSR share the same Evo X sub-forums here, except for the MR also has a sub-sub-forum in Evo X > Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain that is specific to the MR's SST transmission.

The USDM Evo X is only sold with ultra high-performance Yokohama ADVAN summer tires. So living in NJ, you'll probably need winter tires as well.

The Yoko tires do have a warranty that is listed separately from the rest of the Mitsu warranty, though I can't remember what it is. Not sure about the wheels.

No factory tune options are available, though I think there were a couple of dealers that were offering something similar, but backed by their own warranty. Getting a tune seems to be highly recommended by the community, and extremely frowned upon by Mitsu.. so it's pretty much at your own risk.

Hoped that info helped