Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

NEW member: 2006 wicked white Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is insanely clean and the only thing wrong with it is you won't sell it to me!!
Old Sep 2, 2013, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike, your IX is the cleanest I have ever seen outside of a brand new one. No wonder Derek would love to buy your car. I doubt that there are many Wicked White IXs out there as clean, unmolested and low mileage as your car.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks again... I just CAN'T sell it... there is too much I want to do to it. Too bad yer not interested in Mustangs anymore Derek, I got one for you.. LOL!

The car is clean, but I'm sure there are some garage queens out there with literally NO miles on them... sitting somewhere. The first thing I did after having it out on it's 500 mile road trip was CLEAN the hell out of it! Mr. Pink and a foam cannon!! I still think the rubber on my tires isn't up to par and as clean as it could be.

My plans will be simple, just alternate fuel at this time. I want to do a triple MAP setup if I can, keep the 91 that I have and add the 93 and e85 tunes. I'll upgrade to larger injectors (1000+) and do a fuel pump. I'll keep the stock turbo, and may eventually go back to the stock BOV that I have sitting, but as Derek found out personally, my GFB Stealth BOV is just Soooooo much fun!!!

Cosmetically, I want to stay simple as well; JDM rear, VII tails, WW VG and a wingless, debaged deckled. Then I'd like to get another wheel/tire combination, if I could sell my old Ro_Ja R2-5 setup. For those that are looking close, YES those are original Yoko ADVANS wrapping my BBS SE rims. I picked them up from a local forum member. I wanted the car as original as I could get it before modifying it.

Interior is staying as is. I'm not a fan of pillar gauges or any aftermarket gauges in general. I don't even want an aftermarket stereo (however the current SSL upgraded head unit I have isn't working). I want to keep the OEM sport meter, and keep that "sleeper look"... as much as a steriod-induced-fender-flared-big-winged Evo can be... I wouldn't object to maybe having a setup of gauges hiding in the glove compartment, but those inserts inside the glove box are difficult to come by.

Last edited by MCPunk79; Sep 2, 2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 09:36 PM
puk

Great looking car. I just got and 05 WW Evo a year ago. Car has only has 11k miles on it. They are great cars good luck with yours.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by puk
Great looking car. I just got and 05 WW Evo a year ago. Car has only has 11k miles on it. They are great cars good luck with yours.
These cars have so much AMAZING potential, I can't wait to see what they can do!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Clean WW and great numbers. RSmotors ftw!!!

At first I was going to have my tune done at Map but they routed me to Ron, I gotta say that man knows his evos. Im a few hours south of twin cities and will make a trip in 2 months for a retune on e85 since we got a 5th gas station open 2 mins away from my house.

Keep adding photos and congrats!!!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Old Sep 9, 2013, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Czarcasm
Clean WW and great numbers. RSmotors ftw!!!

At first I was going to have my tune done at Map but they routed me to Ron, I gotta say that man knows his evos. Im a few hours south of twin cities and will make a trip in 2 months for a retune on e85 since we got a 5th gas station open 2 mins away from my house.

Keep adding photos and congrats!!!
Thanks for the comments... photos at your request!!!

I'm a HUGE fan of RSMotors, and always have been. I knew 3yrs ago when I started searching for an Evo, I wanted all the work done by RSMotors. They do an AMAZING job, and treat your car right. I can't wait to pick up some more parts and get the car back down to RS for it's next round of upgrades!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 06:57 AM

-OP great write up and great supporting pictures of your new journey into the Evolution world with an extremely nice WW IX. I read this thread carefullly and was smiling the entire time of reading about this upcoming beast.

-Suggestion coming from experience: I'd personally change out your UICP/LICP, injen is extremely crappy. Muse or even buschur IP kits will probably give you a better result for what you're trying to accomplish. I didn't have an AMS FMIC but I did have a buschur race FMIC which did the job greatly to achieve your goal on e85 compared to my pump 93.

GLWTB!!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO'D8
-OP great write up and great supporting pictures of your new journey into the Evolution world with an extremely nice WW IX. I read this thread carefullly and was smiling the entire time of reading about this upcoming beast.

-Suggestion coming from experience: I'd personally change out your UICP/LICP, injen is extremely crappy. Muse or even buschur IP kits will probably give you a better result for what you're trying to accomplish. I didn't have an AMS FMIC but I did have a buschur race FMIC which did the job greatly to achieve your goal on e85 compared to my pump 93.

GLWTB!!
Thanks, I'm not a huge fan of the Injen intake setup, and I would like to lose the UICP/LICP setup... I haven't heard too much good press. AMS is an all right setup, I may consider ETS or Buscher. If I would have purchased the car stock, I would have done all Buscher parts, especially the exhaust. I was also told that my tubular header setup is actually impeding me as well... It would be all right for a bigger build, but being i'm going more modest, the stock header setup would have been fine, or something less aggressive. As stated, I'm staying modest with the tune and for sure staying stock with the appearance of the exterior/interior.

I'll keep the pictures coming as it goes! Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by MCPunk79
Thanks, I'm not a huge fan of the Injen intake setup, and I would like to lose the UICP/LICP setup... I haven't heard too much good press. AMS is an all right setup, I may consider ETS or Buscher. If I would have purchased the car stock, I would have done all Buscher parts, especially the exhaust. I was also told that my tubular header setup is actually impeding me as well... It would be all right for a bigger build, but being i'm going more modest, the stock header setup would have been fine, or something less aggressive. As stated, I'm staying modest with the tune and for sure staying stock with the appearance of the exterior/interior.

I'll keep the pictures coming as it goes! Thanks!
-Definitely understandable, when I bought my Evo 8 it had megan racing headers and injen UICP/LICP. It took me awhile until I changed everything to burschur honestly lol So of course I went with the ported jet coated Buschur manifold, stuck with the injen UIP and had custom LICP due to my Buschur FMIC. I didn't really dedicate myself to one name brand even at times I thought about doing so.

-Cam wise I did the Kelford 272s, great cams btw you'll see that all over the place with great results. Probably with the GSC S3's are competion with these 272s since the other 272s are decent.

-Definitely good luck with everything as mentioned . . .
Old Sep 13, 2013, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Going through another round of mods... up next, a set of "replica" Evo VII tails. I picked them up for pretty cheap from a member. I'll get the more authentic tails when I install the JDM rear bumper, but for now, I just wanted to see how they look. I like them.

Installed:

Old Sep 13, 2013, 06:59 PM

Good Numbers on the Pretty much all bolt ons..i cant wait for my tune hopefully be around the same numbers as yours...im on bolt ons also but i got injectos and a fuel pump for e85 but ill be mainly on 91..
Old Sep 13, 2013, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RcEvo09MR
Good Numbers on the Pretty much all bolt ons..i cant wait for my tune hopefully be around the same numbers as yours...im on bolt ons also but i got injectos and a fuel pump for e85 but ill be mainly on 91..
Thanks, had the numbers over 300 but had it dialed back down to be safe... I'm going injectors and fuel pump next, then getting a MAP switch for e85. If I have to carry around 5 gallon cans of e85, I'll do it... with that setup I should get closer to 400 on e85 safely!!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

I'm trying to come up with a plan for the car over the winter... As I'll have it stored, and picking up parts for it. I'm thinking of pulling off some components and putting a few different pieces in place. I want to get the car setup for it's next round of tuning, hopefully by Spring.

In particular, I'd like to lose the INJEN intake system and IC piping, and go with the UICP and LICP from AMS, since I'm running an AMS intercooler. I haven't decided on what intake system to run, open to suggestions. I don't know if the tubular header setup I have (Myne) is the best route. From what Ive been told, tubular headers are usually for a higher HP setup, I'm staying modest with around 350-400.

My exhaust I enjoy... Tanabe FULL 3" catless TBE. I do however like the sound of MAP's open dump o2 eliminator downpipe... sounds INSANE!

I've discussed this before, but I do plan on going with a crushed stock BOV over my GFB aftermarket setup.

I also need to change the spark plugs, going OEM. Brake pads and rotors need to be freshened up as well. I know it has aftermarket front rotors (slotted), but I want to have all four corners up to date.

I'd like to upgrade the fuel system for e85, going with ID 1300 injectors and going with the Walboro fuel pump... which is pretty standard... not sure how the Deatchwerks pump is in comparison.

Cosmetically I just want the vortex generator in WW and a JDM rear bumper to match. I'd also really like to pick up a wheel/tire package, but that's going to take a while to decide what exactly I want to do there.

I'm sure ideas will come to mind over the winter months, and things will indeed change. It's a good base to start with, I think.

Last edited by MCPunk79; Sep 28, 2013 at 10:49 PM.

Quick Reply: NEW member: 2006 wicked white Evo IX