Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Walmart Overfilled Oil.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From now on, do your own oil changes.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Runker
From now on, do your own oil changes.
+1
Where I live, Evos are considered mythical creatures. What I mean is hardly anyone has ever worked on one, much less seen on in person. I add 4 and 8/10 of a qt back when I change mine, and the oil level is right in the middle of the 2 notches on the dipstick. Also, Walmart doesn't exactly employ the sharpest crayons in the box. Really, who wants to work at Walmart other than kids just starting out in the job world and people who can't find jobs elsewhere. Changing your own oil is so easy. It costs me more to do it myself mainly because I use AMSOIL, but I don't have to worry about clueless rednecks or some kid from the F&F generation f'ing up my car.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

"Come'on Son"
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why would you even post this knowing the responses you would get. Don't take it there because your friend takes his IS-F. Not smart. Pay a little extra and just take it to the dealer or do it yourself. I would personally change the oil again completely.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

How'd they figure to put in 5.4 qts oil?

I always use the whole 5 qts every oil change. Pour about 1/2 qt in the filter. Dip stick reads a little bit above second notch.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mistaken
You guys should learn to do it on your own. You shouldn't be shocked when Walmart ****s up your car.

You ask a dumb question and this is what you get.
You don't know the situation the person is in that's asking the question. I've changed my oil on all my cars since I was 16. The car I bought does not have a jack.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Randal
You don't know the situation the person is in that's asking the question. I've changed my oil on all my cars since I was 16. The car I bought does not have a jack.
Buy a jack. Or keep letting Walmart do your oil changes and buy a new engine. your choice bro.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have serious issues with people who pay for oil changes, its basic car know how, it takes 20 minutes or less
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Wut?

With the car's scissor jack?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Any jack will do! You dont need specifically the evos jack to lift the car.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by nytalonTSi
How'd they figure to put in 5.4 qts oil?

I always use the whole 5 qts every oil change. Pour about 1/2 qt in the filter. Dip stick reads a little bit above second notch.
5.4 quarts is the engine oil capacity in the manual for our cars.

On another note.

Overfilling is one thing, that is if its not drastically overfilled, but what oil did they use is the more important question. If I was to let a multi-conglomerate corporation change my oil, I'd supply my own.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Lol @ Wal-Mart oil change.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by GSR ONE
5.4 quarts is the engine oil capacity in the manual for our cars.

On another note.

Overfilling is one thing, that is if its not drastically overfilled, but what oil did they use is the more important question. If I was to let a multi-conglomerate corporation change my oil, I'd supply my own.
Well obviously I used mobile one fully synthetic with a I believe it was a fram tough guard oil filter. They wanted to use thier own cheap paper version but I ended up buying my own. It's not bad for $49.99 I did not have a jack since the previous owner removed it and I was not going to spend money at the time to buy a jack.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:26 AM

I ended up taking my chances with the drain plug and took out about a quart on a clean pan then filled and measured the dip stick until it was in perfect level. I originally did not want to do it thru the drain plug because in other cars that I've done it to the oil rushes out so much that I can't bolt on the plug back in quickly enough. The evo oil pan drain plug is very easy to screw back in while the oil is gushing out. Everything worked fine. I ended up taking out half a quart now the oil level stayed at the second mark.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:36 PM

walmart... big mistake

Quick Reply: Walmart Overfilled Oil.