Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Not updating post counts

Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not updating post counts

Hey I searched around for this and can't find this so I apologize if this has been asked before. I don't know if I am doing something wrong but my post counter is not updating. It still shows I have only 4 posts but my history shows more than 4 posts. I figure I am just missing something so i wanted to check with you guys. Does anyone know what's going on?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

If you are posting and your post count is not increasing it is due to the sections you are posting in. The post count is meant to be an indicator of contribution to the forum, but some of the sections are not intended to contribute to the tech side of the forum. For example, this post here will not add to my post count as it is in the newbie/faq section. Also the "sweet ride brah" posts in the show and shine section will not add to your post count. Sections like Evo general, engine/turbo/drivetrain etc will add to your post count.

If your post count is decreasing it is likely that they they are being deleted by moderators as they may have violated the rules in some way. So if those "sweet ride brah" posts were in a technical section, a moderator would have been through and cleared out.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W
If you are posting and your post count is not increasing it is due to the sections you are posting in. The post count is meant to be an indicator of contribution to the forum, but some of the sections are not intended to contribute to the tech side of the forum. For example, this post here will not add to my post count as it is in the newbie/faq section. Also the "sweet ride brah" posts in the show and shine section will not add to your post count. Sections like Evo general, engine/turbo/drivetrain etc will add to your post count.

If your post count is decreasing it is likely that they they are being deleted by moderators as they may have violated the rules in some way. So if those "sweet ride brah" posts were in a technical section, a moderator would have been through and cleared out.
Thanks that answers it. I didn't have that many to begin with but thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member