Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

evo 9 mr with high mileage

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 03:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
evo 9 mr with high mileage

im currently in the market for an evo 8 or 9 and i saw this one for sale
it does have high mileage but only one owner (mostly hwy miles)
the only thing that concerned me was the high mileage and on the carfax how it failed smog inspection but was fixed after and passed
for 16k is that a good price considering KBB is around there
you think its a good deal and along the way if anything fails i can replace it
ad listing
thank you

http://www.zenauto.biz/2006_Mitsubis..._201672837.veh

heres the free carfax

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...3370#undefined
Old Aug 23, 2013, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car is stock and has mostly highway miles. If the maintenance is up to date, there should be no problem with it. It's the original owner and that guy paid probably 40 grand for it, so its unlikely that he took it out and just beat up on it everyday. That car has the zero lift kit as well, which is kinda cool. Sacramento, California, so no rust. Kinda a bummer that he has evo VIII wheels on it (for me anyway.) The things that you're inevitably going to run into with mileage like that are rock chips, seat wear, and various small squeaks and rattles. You can see chips in the one close up photo of the nose on the drivers side. The seat [and overall interior] wear is minimal for the age and mileage, and you can eliminate any NVH that you may find in the car if you want. The question is, do you want to deal with those things? If the answer is a resounding "no," then it's not the car for you. If you don't care about shortcomings of that nature, then it's no big deal. The next thing is, do you care about the mileage level, just as a number on your dash? Personally I am pretty impressed with the condition of the car. I would've guessed the mileage closer to 100k just by the photos.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion this car looks alot better than some of the sub 100k cars i see for sale. If the mechanical maintenace was as meticulous as the rest of the car, I would say its a good buy if you can bring the price down some
Old Aug 23, 2013, 08:51 PM

actually went to see it in person and it was way better than pictures
i had to buy it
the only thing is when at idle the dashboard tends to shake when the a/c is on
im not sure if this is normal or not
Old Aug 24, 2013, 04:43 PM

actually i have a problem with the boost gauge not working and it was cause of a bad hose and after i fixed it the whole car ran better than before
guess a vacuum leak can be a big difference
Old Aug 24, 2013, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car looks good but sooner or later compression be an issue and a rebuild will be in order. Check to make sure all parts are still stock but to get that many miles this quickly would have to be many many miles slogging along in 6th gear so no worries there.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Actually it might be a 5 speed idk too much about SE's they had some weird packages.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Actually it might be a 5 speed idk too much about SE's they had some weird packages.
its an MR so its 6speed
Old Aug 25, 2013, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah but they made MR syle SE's with the bilsteins and bbs's but 5- speeds. I'm just confused as I see a leather shift knob and normally MR knobs are metal but SE's are weird.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Yeah but they made MR syle SE's with the bilsteins and bbs's but 5- speeds. I'm just confused as I see a leather shift knob and normally MR knobs are metal but SE's are weird.
well it does have everything a mr or mr se have..really hard to tell between the two i dont even know now but you are right about the leather shift knob
maybe because of the hot weather here lol
Old Aug 25, 2013, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

I'd ask if its a 5 speed or six. I prefer the 6 and tomorrow of it blowing up are greatly exaggerated however a 5-speed is better suited for a 1/4 mile.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:53 AM

6speed
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:50 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's an Evo on here with over 200k on it, and the owner continues to drive it everyday. SOme of us cant' help out jobs and drive these cars everyday. In my opinion, if the car is well taken care of, then the mileage isnt' as important. I also say this because my car has 150k on the chasis now. For someone to downplay my car because of mileage is a bit ignorant. Your best bet is to go check the car out, and test drive it. Good luck.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 06:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My evo 9 has something like 130k and absolutely nothing is wrong with it. Just took the usual maintance when i got it. Timing belt, water pump, oil change, new spark plugs. Thats the only thing i've done and i've owned mine now for 2 years with no issues.

And as mentioned the interior of the car looks a lot better than mine.