Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Ets vs buschur

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ets vs buschur

Tbe vs tbe are they about the same? I can get a ets with discount for about 200 cheaper then the buschur setup, and was wonder which should I go for is ets has long lasting Quality parts? And same power gains? Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2014, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Both Buschur and ETS make the highest quality parts for our platform, it really comes down to personal preference. Little heads up though ETS doesn't make a turbo back exhaust as they do not make downpipes or 02 housings for our cars. They make everything from the downpipe back. However Buschur does make a 02 housing as well as a downpipe, I don't believe they make test pipes. So in order to get a complete TBE you might need to mix and match from different companies. HP/TQ gains will be pretty similar across the board, the only thing that varies is the weight of the system and the sound it will produce.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
Both Buschur and ETS make the highest quality parts for our platform, it really comes down to personal preference. Little heads up though ETS doesn't make a turbo back exhaust as they do not make downpipes or 02 housings for our cars. They make everything from the downpipe back. However Buschur does make a 02 housing as well as a downpipe, I don't believe they make test pipes. So in order to get a complete TBE you might need to mix and match from different companies. HP/TQ gains will be pretty similar across the board, the only thing that varies is the weight of the system and the sound it will produce.
Thanks just noticed the ets wasn't a tbe and with buying the other parts to make it complete there about the same price in the end I guess
Old Nov 12, 2014, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1SlowRS
Thanks just noticed the ets wasn't a tbe and with buying the other parts to make it complete there about the same price in the end I guess
As long as the parts are "stock replacement" then using various companies parts is fine. Take my exhaust for instance, this is it from the turbo back.

Turbo >> Muse 02 housing dump >> Perrin downpipe >> Perrin test pipe >> Tanabe Medallion Tousing Exhaust.

All my parts fit perfectly with one another, no issues at all.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
As long as the parts are "stock replacement" then using various companies parts is fine. Take my exhaust for instance, this is it from the turbo back.

Turbo >> Muse 02 housing dump >> Perrin downpipe >> Perrin test pipe >> Tanabe Medallion Tousing Exhaust.

All my parts fit perfectly with one another, no issues at all.
What you think Would bolt up to the ets system? Megan o2 and what down pipe you think would be good that isn't over killed on price ?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I loved my BR cat-backexhaust, I believe it's one of the lightest on the market and sounds good. If you want to make it quieter they sell a magnaflow muffler that takes the place of the hi-flow cat and helps.

An even more stealthly solution is the RRE cat-back exhaust, it looks even more stock than the stock exhaust and is very quiet (I'm old though) and you have to call them to order it as they don't list it on their website.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ETS hands down. Most professional and friendly vendors out there.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Which one sounds more throaty without being obnoxious?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 05:12 PM

Br, sounds more deep but I hate how the muffler looks is the only thing kinda keeping me from buying it
Old Nov 15, 2014, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Br, sounds more deep but I hate how the muffler looks is the only thing kinda keeping me from buying it
Got a link?
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really like how the ETS V2 and V2 Extreme sound, plus the vendors have been friendly when I pmed them with a few newbie questions about their exhaust
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fawkz
I really like how the ETS V2 and V2 Extreme sound, plus the vendors have been friendly when I pmed them with a few newbie questions about their exhaust
ETS v2?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

ETS v2?
Disregard that suggestion, the V2 exhaust is for the Evo X.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Should consider a titanium exhaust. Very cost effective weight savings.

http://www.maperformance.com/tomei-t...FRCBfgod53sAkw

Tomei also makes a Ti test pipe
http://www.maperformance.com/tomei-t...FY9cfgodGHIAag

Last edited by nemsin; Nov 17, 2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 05:03 PM

Do they sound any different?

Quick Reply: Ets vs buschur