Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Long time lurker - 2015 GSR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Long time lurker - 2015 GSR

Well if all goes well i'll be the proud owner of a 2015 Silver GSR tomorrow morning.

Negotiated deal of $34000 out the door. Includes the interior and engine upgrade package (which I feel is kind of a waste). Seems to be a decent price for my area.

My first mod will be a works short shifter. Otherwise I'll probably leave it as is for a while.

I'll post pics as soon as I bring her home. Can't wait!!!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 07:51 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi and welcome!!

Hopefully by now you are sitting in your new GSR with a big grin on your face. Get to know your car for a few months before modify stuff and have fun!!

Bob
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

just picked her up this morning.

so far yes, big grin.

a couple questions.

i smell electrical burning kind of smell after a drive. is this normal? temporary?

when turning right at slow speed a hear/feel a slight grind coming from the front left. is this the brakes? and is this normal break in?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
The smell will go away. Just keep driving it
Old Mar 31, 2015, 03:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buying a new car you'll have occasional weird smells including burning, but it's nothing to be concerned with. It could be anything including bits of plastic that got stuck in the engine bay or something during building and burnt off, drops of glue and such also can do that. The smells will fade over time as the excess burns off.

Is the grind more a squeal or a low rubbing sound? New brake pads have to burn some material before they fully bite but it causes squeaking, or if it's a rubbing it could be your tire rubbing the inner wheel well plastic, which is normal as well, most cars have such minor issues.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

the smell is starting to dissipate the more i drive. was just rather strong.

the grinding i believe was just the brake pads bedding in. i didn't notice it at all today.

one more stupid question.

what size bolts are used for the rear license plate? dealer put the wrong screws in and i hope they didn't mess up the threads but the brackets look like they need machine screws, not widely spaced threads like screwing into plastic.

here's a pic:

2015 Evo X GSR
Old Apr 1, 2015, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Nice car, you should be proud....Bed your brake pads in properly otherwise you may have problems later, theres threads in here on how to do it. Take the number plate screws out and see if they have stripped the threads, if they have note it and send them an email and get them to fix it on your first service. Make sure the screws are matched to the front plate.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome!

Nice looking ride! Just picked up my 2015 WW GSR a few weeks ago. I'm going with the Works shifter as well. Enjoy!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sputum trapper
Nice looking ride! Just picked up my 2015 WW GSR a few weeks ago. I'm going with the Works shifter as well. Enjoy!
What do you think of the seats? They leave a lot to be desired. I don't necessarily think I would have been happy with the Recaros, but these just have so little adjustment.