Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Finally Got an Evo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2015, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally Got an Evo

Got my 2013 Evo X from CarMax after a 2 month wait (shipping from West Coast to East Coast, plus title mixup (titles not required in cali for sale so they didn't have a title for the car apparently)).

Just finally glad after wanting one for the longest (been a member here for 9 years, just never posted cause still being in school with a part time job the closest I could afford realistically was a Lancer ES ;/ ). Well yeah it finally happened.

Just wanted to say thank you to these forums for the awesome resources, asides from putting in gas I've never done anything car wise myself always just took it to the dealer, but following these guides so far in the first day I:

1.) Installed an N05 into my car which was originally just the RF non nav.

2.) Hardwired a Power Magic Pro and Installed a dashcam ( Blackvue 750 )

Looking forward to doing my first oil change, and 30K maintenance. It's a good feeling. Just wish I wasn't stumped on my backup cam on how it connects to the MMCS ( https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...a-install.html ).
Attached Thumbnails Finally Got an Evo-change.png  
Old Jun 15, 2015, 06:30 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi!

Welcome seems unnecessary for a 10 year member , so congratulations! for finally getting your Evo. Have fun!

Bob
Old Jun 15, 2015, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool, congratulations. Worth the wait :-)
Old Jun 15, 2015, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats welcome to the forums
Old Jun 15, 2015, 04:26 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats!!!
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Jun 16, 2015, 01:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community! Glad that you decided to join us. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 02:32 AM

Welcome & Best Wishes on your new Buy !
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:44 AM

Congrats and welcome!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 12:35 AM

Congrats and welcome
Old Oct 3, 2015, 03:30 PM

congrats mate. welcome welcome
Old Oct 6, 2015, 01:33 PM

Welcome!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how was dealing with carfax? were they ok to deal with?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Acuality
how was dealing with carfax? were they ok to deal with?
The sales people were dumb as rocks. They had no idea about a turbo car, any questions pretty much got a generic answer like "Carmax cars goes through a xxxx point inspection which far exceeds regular standards so you have nothing to be worried about". Yet they couldn't tell me about the aftermarket EBCS that was installed and not knowing at all what kind of tune was in the car since there was an EBCS in it.

Also they lied about all factory recalls being done, they literally even provide you a paper stating that all factory recalls had been done yet I had checked it like a month prior (while I was waiting for the car to be shipped from Cali) which I really didn't care since I wasn't exactly sure about the whole flash counter update or whatever.

That being said.. stores are obviously going to vary based on the staff AND when I got to talk to the supervisors and service department (after I questioned the EBCS and no knowledge of what tune was on the car), they were an 11/10. Literally everything I requested they didn't even hesitate or studder nothing, literally whatever I requested they made it happen. Compression Test, Leak Down test, requested copies of the printed results for future documentation, discount on the car. Everything. I had scheduled for a boostleak/compression test on my own at the nearest dealership and the earliest date they were able to get me was like 20 days out. Carmax had to have the OEM solenoid installed by a Mitsubishi dealership (which also happened to be the same one) and got them to do it 2 days later, as well as the tests. The whole time I got a loaner free of charge (kind of a given, but it was a ****ty 07 Honda Accord). They called EVERYDAY at the same time 2pm to give me a followup, and let me know exactly what was going on.

Would I recommend Carmax? Yeah, just a terrible experience with the sales person.

Also still can't thank these forums enough. Did my first:

Oil Change, Rear Differential fluid changes, Transmission fluid change, Testpipe (though I was retarded and installed it backwards -.-), catback, Wing on an MR, intake and EBCS (ironic I installed the one Carmax originally removed), afr/boost/oil pressure gauges. Slowly getting all the basics down.

Last edited by Gh3ttoRoM3o; Oct 18, 2015 at 12:29 PM.