Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo 9 Questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 04:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evo 9 Questions

Hey guys, I think I am switching sides and getting an evo as soon as possible lol.

Now Ive been on here looking at all these evos and am pretty positive I want to get a 9 but... Id like to know what all the packages are, like SSL and all the others so I know when I go to buy one what is all has and what not. Colors, interior options. Fun facts? Idk.

I own a big turbo cobalt and am ready to get some traction haha but this thread also helps with boosting my post count so I can reply in the classifieds and send pms lol

Thanks guys.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...oking-evo.html
Old Sep 10, 2015, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
going from the top of my head
- MR 6 spd leather
- GSR leather 5 speed i think it had a sunroof
- RS manual windows and locks was optional and no radio 5spd
- SSL sun roof Subwoofer Leather i believe is a 5spd
Old Sep 10, 2015, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by evo9atic
going from the top of my head
- MR 6 spd leather
- GSR leather 5 speed i think it had a sunroof
- RS manual windows and locks was optional and no radio 5spd
- SSL sun roof Subwoofer Leather i believe is a 5spd
Are they all manual transmission??
Old Sep 10, 2015, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes all manual. I believe only ssl have the sunroof though. My gsr does not have it, could be wrong though.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supposedly the 6 speed in the MR is a little weaker then the 5 speed so I guess if you're looking for power get a gsr or rs. it's kinda hit and miss though. I've heard people with around 500 hp still running the 6 speed. I guess it all depends what you want with the car. either way you'll love the car and you'll always get people staring just cause they're becoming more and more rare or you'll be called a ricer.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
The MR is NOT all leather interior...It has leather trim, and alcantara centers. And yes, ALL Evos imported into The USA are ALL manual transmissions. There was an automatic trans version, but only for the VII, and VIII, and it never reached The USA. I believe they were made only for The Japanese market, and in low numbers.

Good luck with your shopping for a IX. Great car! I bought mine (MR) new, daily drove it for 108K miles with no issues. Now, she's my weekender.

Last edited by NJ9MR; Sep 11, 2015 at 05:32 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ssl

SSL was for Sun, Sound, and Leather. It had Infinity Sounds sytem, sunroof, and full leather seats as opposed to the suede/leather seats in a regular GSR. Mine also had the HID headlights that you could adjust up or down with a switch in the cabin. I loved the SSL but hated the seats. My butt would slide around too much every time I would take a turn. Infinity sounds system has the big woofer in the trunk, so if yours doesn't have it then you have the regular version.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:48 PM

Good to know guys!! I currently daily a 2000 1.9tdi VW golf with a GLI6 speed getting 65mpg loving life haha so its time for a real racecar! Gonna have to be red or white forsure and ALL power options forsure. The sunroof is always a bonus!!
Looks like the MR or GSR is my route.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
If you can find a good condition one for a fair price get an RS or an SE. These 2 models are holding their value the best.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
<p>
Originally Posted by Hunter Cimini
Good to know guys!! I currently daily a 2000 1.9tdi VW golf with a GLI6 speed getting 65mpg loving life haha so its time for a real racecar! Gonna have to be red or white forsure and ALL power options forsure. The sunroof is always a bonus!! Looks like the MR or GSR is my route.
</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>what power options are you speaking of? seats are all manual, windows are power except on RS which are manual. other than the adjustable headlights on MR, SE and SSL, there aren't any power options.</p>
Old Sep 12, 2015, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
<p></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>what power options are you speaking of? seats are all manual, windows are power except on RS which are manual. other than the adjustable headlights on MR, SE and SSL, there aren't any power options.</p>
Oh I thought RS didnt have power locks as well. I was just talking the general power options like locks, windows all that jazz. I don't think I would mind the switch to some leather seats. My cobalt ones are pretty comfortable for being the race design they are. Idk I need to go to some meets and look at them and get a first hand look at what I really want. Planning big things in my head tho lol. I cant stop thinking about this car over my damn cobalt. Lol
Old Sep 12, 2015, 09:49 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
You are right the RS has manual door locks. It also came from the factory with no radio or speakers, no ABS, no power side mirrors, and a few different interior trim pieces. The US model did have AC though.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Hunter Cimini, here is a lot of very good info that will answer your questions about options and colors and the like. I put it all together the other day after reading your post, but didn't link it here.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...odel-year.html
Old Sep 13, 2015, 01:23 PM

Read it!! Thanks

Quick Reply: Evo 9 Questions