Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New to this forum

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to this forum

Hello Everyone,

Back in April I picked up a mercury grey 2012 MR. Love the car. I know opinions of the SST vary, but this was definitely the right choice for me. Prior to the Evo I had a Dodge Caliber SRT4 with a built block that did 11.75 @ 122 in quarter. I also spent a lot of time on road courses with the Caliber, you can check out the YouTube channel Cetvrh for the videos. I was able to fit in a track day at NJMSP this year with the Evo, it was a blast.

I've been lurking for some time now, but finally decided to get around to posting. Looking forward to joining the community.

-Glenn

Please check out my modding ideas thread here:https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...mod-plans.html
Old Nov 23, 2015, 09:41 AM

haha small world

Hey what's up man, I also switched to the EVO X after having owned a Caliber SRT4. Mine was no where built like yours but I had fun with mine. My username was SLVCSRT408. I was first initially looking into getting an MR so my wife could drive it also but that ended up going out the window when they offered me a deal on the GSR, only thing mine is missing is the Recaros but I eventually plan to put in some aftermarket seats. Small car world lol.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by WhiteEVO15
Hey what's up man, I also switched to the EVO X after having owned a Caliber SRT4. Mine was no where built like yours but I had fun with mine. My username was SLVCSRT408. I was first initially looking into getting an MR so my wife could drive it also but that ended up going out the window when they offered me a deal on the GSR, only thing mine is missing is the Recaros but I eventually plan to put in some aftermarket seats. Small car world lol.
Nice, I think I remember seeing your user name.

I got this MR for a steal (1 owner, non modded, garage kept, Florida car), its a base model MR but all I cared about was having the SST and being a 12+.

Yeah small car world lol. I think an Evo is the logical progression coming from an SRT4. The main thing I miss about the caliber is from a roll it accelerated like a 10 second car, just you couldn't put power down before 60mph.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 09:54 AM

Haha yes I know all to well about the roll world. Coming from an autocross background the EVO X is leaps and bounds above the CSRT4. On the highway my old CSRT4 would have destroyed the EVO X but handling hands down goes to the EVO X. The last event of my third season of autocross a buddy let me race his EVO X MR and I was sold on wanting an EVO after that. Yeah I followed your car on the CSRT4 site and we have chatted over the years lol. I have not been very active on there posting after I traded in but I am still lurking and checking out the site on a daily to see what's new in the CSRT4 world.

I will follow your progress here as well.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 03:50 PM

Hi everyone! I'm not super new to the community but never formally introduced myself. My name is Henry and I have a 2006 Evo. Sold my S2000 in favor for mooaaaar power!