Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Would any Evo owner be interested in Gtr

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 06:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
I said it's a different kind of car. I doesn't have the "connected" feel of an Evo. That is for sure.

Man I wish my EVO felt "connected". I have an 08 GSR and I feel like the car drives itself. I mean it basically does with the Mitsubishi's AWC haha. Feels much more disconnected compared to my Elise.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 04:37 PM

gtr is still a nissan.. Not a nissan fan at all exceptional to s15.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 08:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
I use to want one really bad but I have my 14 S4 now for a DD. Since the Evo is race only the GTR doesn't really replace either one. S4 is a better DD and Evo is a better Autox/Track car.

I find myself thinking if I were to replace the Evo it would be something lighter not heavier.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
Good points in this thread. while I used to consider the gtr my answer would be il stick with my evo. I feel that it does perform in a similar fashion and with the right mods even outperforms the gtr. That and the gtr just isn't my style. not hating. It just never appealed to me like the evo 9 did. I like a raw, compact car that that's mod friendly and lightweight while having that timeless Japanese exotic look.

Also side note, this has nothing to do with it's performance or technicalities but I feel the gtr name has been tainted. Too many non enthusiasts wanting one just for the visual appeal almost killed it's reputation. It's like that girl In high school every guy was chasing, by the time that girl left high school, nobody wanted her skanky *** so, she started working at hooters.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I can provide a little insight. I still have my IX MR (original owner and stock) and currently daily a '13 GTR. They are in some ways very similar but also very different.

GTR is sort of a sledge hammer. Big tool that gets the job done with authority, where the IX is a precision tool that you have to work with it to be rewarded.

For enjoyment, the EVO is like unprotected sex with your partner of x years, it is fun, emotionally fulfilling with no real risk. A solid good time if you put the effort into it. Never lets you down. Always comes out on top.

The GTR is a one night stand while using protection. No emotions, a lack of tactile feeling, but a dirty/nasty time as it will let you get away with more risky "moves," shrug it off and ask for more than your perverted little mind could ever imagine.

Doesn't matter, either way, had sex.

One you will love forever because it is irreplaceable and the other you will brag to your friends about that "one time" you got away with it.

I daily the GTR cause I am a bit of a glutton for punishment. The EVO is better but both are difficult to daily. Plus rather put mileage on the Nissan plus replaceable and awesome AC.

Before the GTR, we had a EVO X. The X was like a slower, 4 door version of the GTR. The IX and GTR are much more different. Hence sold the X, kept the IX.

Last edited by travestyevo; Jan 25, 2017 at 08:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by travestyevo:
Andrew Ferrer (Jan 26, 2017), six40 (Mar 10, 2017)
Old Jan 26, 2017, 01:50 AM

I've battling The urge to buy one the past few months
The market for GTR's are starting to get a lot more reasonable on price and upgrades.
The market is flooded with cars and everyone makes parts now for them.
With r32 and r33 coming here and soon to have r34 the resale for the r35 are showing impact but we are car guys, we never get out what we invest
Old Jan 26, 2017, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
The closest I have ever come is test drive an old R33, it was totally original and the guy wanted 40k for his "collectors item" it felt slow large, sort of lurched everywhere and had lots of rattles. ok not a GTR, yeh I would dream of a GTR but for a second hand one here you can buy 3 Evo's. At least when I pull up at the coffee shop and there's a guy there with a GTR I can have a cred conversation with him on performance cars without looking like a wa+ker.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 03:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
I've driven a lot of fast cars, but I am by no means an expert and weight as well as suspension work has a lot to do with what i'm about to say. I test drove a 600+ hp GTR and thought it was a lot of fun. In race mode the shifts had no lag at all. You would pull on the paddle shifters and the car would be in the next gear as soon as you reached the bottom of the "click." You can tell the GTR is heavier than the evo, but it pulls its own weight very well. It also has a smoother responses to driver input overall.

That being said I did miss a clutch pedal even if it's not as fast as the paddles. Also, sometimes I prefer a more rugged ride, helps me read the road better. In order for me to drive a car at its fastest, I need to break it loose a few times to find out when the grip stops and the sliding begins. I felt more comfortable finding that grip point in the evo than in the GTR.

-pal215
Old Feb 17, 2017, 08:53 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
A GTR is a very similar beast in terms of easy to drive on the limit.
Bit heavy and lacking the practicality of a 500bhp+ Evo.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 09:27 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuxevo
The GT-R is an upgrade for sure, unless you're looking for that 'drivers car' feel.
/thread

I agree 100%
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I would love an opportunity drive a gtr. However, I would trade my evo for another 3kgt vr4.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 04:04 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Mental sound.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 05:38 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by fastspoolingsx
I would love an opportunity drive a gtr. However, I would trade my evo for another 3kgt vr4.
I know a guy that's been messing with a VR4 for years and is tired of it. He would trade INSTANTLY. PM me your contact info.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 05:42 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Evo VI.
I wonder if it's loud.

He'll be sick of it within the month LOL
Old Feb 19, 2017, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
It's almost like someone gave you a Gtr for free, your first thought, cool.
2 months later the trans goes out, your screwed.
A lot of people want a gtr, gt3 rs (me), etc etc, but no one ever thinks of the cost of ownership.
Tune up, brakes, flushing tranny fluid, timing belt, and so on.

People with these cars have awesome jobs and can AFFORD IT.
I looked at the utube video just now, and I don't think I would like it, my 8 keeps my mind engaged vs the gtr you just sit in the car and go.
It looked so disconnected while the guy was driving, I'm so used to pushing in the clutch pedal, actually shifting, Rev matching, being in control !!
I don't want the car doing anything for me, the technology is awesome don't get me wrong, but not for me..

Quick Reply: Would any Evo owner be interested in Gtr