Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evom newbie Interested in building my 04 sportback RA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evom newbie Interested in building my 04 sportback RA

hi everyone,
I have a 04 sportback RA my dad bought me for my 19th birthday. My dad and I have been talking about making this a project car since day 1. Unfortunately, this car has been my daily driver for the last two years for my construction job. it's got roughly 145k on it and has taken some battle scars from working out of it. I've always wanted to own and build a lancer since I was kid. My dad has been in the automotive industry for about 20 years and knows a thing or two about cars, but has never built a tuner. We're really optimistic and open to any and all advice before getting started.I'm reluctant to sell the car because of the rarity(according to my dad.) I want to get an idea of how much time, effort, and money a build like this would take before I decide to sell it.. We've talked to a few places that my dad does business with, and get the expected answer. it depends on what you want to get out of it. I personally want to turn it into a 5 speed manual evolution wagon. it's a generic answer, but basically, Im aware that they never released an evolution wagon in the states nor a manual version of the model and would love to make it a reality. The only advice for a starting point so far has been swapping the stock 4g63 for a mistubishi eclipse motor. simply because the sportback RA has a single overhead cam and apperently a dual overhead cam is required for the performance we're looking for. Thanks anyone who has any knowledge of the car or feedback for this complicated build. really excited to be apart of the forum!

this is what I envision it looking like completed.

BeckerWrecker
Old Nov 23, 2016, 06:54 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Welcome Yes, those Lancer wagons are a real eye catcher to those of us that know Saw that rare sight just a few days ago for the 2nd time

Good luck w/your project & let us know if you have any questions

Joe
Old Dec 28, 2016, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply Joe. I guess my only questions I've got right away are regarding the options for swapping the motor and transmission. If you could point me in the direction of some threads that have information on similar projects or swaps that have been competed, that'd help tremendously. I'm going for best bang for your buck. I wanna 5 speed manual transmission and a motor that is a better platform for turbo charging/tuning. Perhaps a 4g64 out of a eclipse or gallant. Lemme know your thoughts if you could. Thanks!