Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Evo Owner

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Evo Owner

Hey everyone. Happy to finally be official. I've posted some really cool pictures of my ride and my friends rides at meets so check them out. More to come soon.

I recently became the proud father of an adopted Evo. She was born 2006 and she is
?Wicked White? and a GSR with 68k on the engine. But really, it has had one owner and never been molested with mods. I checked all of the bolts and screws for sings of torsion. The Car fax listed that the car was maintained very well and was brought in for an oil change every 4K miles and the occasional tune up. I'm still a bit nerves when I drive it because of the different sounds I hear like valve ticking and such but one in particular is a metal rotating screaching sound that comes from the drive belt area. It goes away after a couple of minutes once the car is warmed up. I've since had all the fluids changed and got a new drive belt put on but still get the sound. I think it may be my timing belt or one of the pullys. If anyone has some insight please hit me up. Thanks.

Mods: I was very happy with how clean the car was stock and the performance and I was going to leave it stock but Christmas just passed and ya. I wanted a quite but high quality CBE so I went with the Tanabe Touring exhaust and it's extreamly nice looking and sounds awesome. No drone, no complaints Super easy install. At the same time I got the Injen system. Looks awesome but lost low end power but gained some top. It was a bit of a learning curve taking the bumper apart especially the damn grill thing that scratched the **** out of my hands. Also, all the damn plastic tabs are a pain in the ***. But no CEL no Boost leaks. I wish Injen came with the LICP couplings but oem is fine for now.

Future mods: My tuner Gary Bains is getting me set up with a Walbro High pressure fuel pump, simple Manual Boost controller, MAP LICP, DC Sport DP with TP and a Tune. I'm thinking of doing cams and exhaust manifold before the tune but we will see. I'm looking for something that makes the car run happy and not to much in the corners on a track day. All to often I see guys make more power then their brakes can handle and we know how that ends. After that I'm going to focus more on esthetics and leave the power alone.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 01:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow EvO owner

Sounds like you have got the bug for sure

Where are these photos at? Post them here so we can take a peek

Thanks, Joe
Old Jan 5, 2017, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Welcome aboard fellow EvO owner

Sounds like you have got the bug for sure

Where are these photos at? Post them here so we can take a peek

Thanks, Joe
lol I have always. It's a money pit and the wife doesn't understand. I always get " well the speed limit is 65 so what's the point." But yes the pictures are in my profile. It I will try to post here.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 01:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thanks, I found them. Not too many new members add pics to the garage.

Looks super clean & stock appearing. Very nice indeed
Old Jan 5, 2017, 01:17 PM

Old Jan 5, 2017, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Thanks, I found them. Not too many new members add pics to the garage.

Looks super clean & stock appearing. Very nice indeed
Thank you! It's always been a dream to own one and it's my military service and sacrifice present to myself. Also, the misses said I have to get rid of my GSX-R so this is my compensation. I just posted more pictures of My bike and my civic. Thank again Joe. Nice to have met you.

Best,
Jarrett
Old Jan 5, 2017, 01:32 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by EvoGSXR1000
Thank you! It's always been a dream to own one and it's my military service and sacrifice present to myself. Also, the misses said I have to get rid of my GSX-R so this is my compensation. I just posted more pictures of My bike and my civic. Thank again Joe. Nice to have met you.

Best,
Jarrett
My pleasure Jarrett. Saw the GSX-R. Its a litre bike! I too like bikes, but a lot safer w/a cage around me

Enjoy your EvOM membership & let us know if you have any questions

Joe
Old Jan 5, 2017, 02:55 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Congrats! White is THE best color for these cars.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
Congrats! White is THE best color for these cars.
Thank you! I hear it's very popular. Is yours white as well? I'm thinking one day I'll get a wrap. Like the blue my civic si has. I get aloft of complements for it.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey everyone. Happy to finally be official. I've posted some really cool pictures of my ride and my friends rides at meets so check them out. More to come soon.

I recently became the proud father of an adopted Evo. She was born 2006 and she is
?Wicked White? and a GSR with 68k on the engine. But really, it has had one owner and never been molested with mods. I checked all of the bolts and screws for sings of torsion. The Car fax listed that the car was maintained very well and was brought in for an oil change every 4K miles and the occasional tune up. I'm still a bit nerves when I drive it because of the different sounds I hear like valve ticking and such but one in particular is a metal rotating screaching sound that comes from the drive belt area. It goes away after a couple of minutes once the car is warmed up. I've since had all the fluids changed and got a new drive belt put on but still get the sound. I think it may be my timing belt or one of the pullys. If anyone has some insight please hit me up. Thanks.

Mods: I was very happy with how clean the car was stock and the performance and I was going to leave it stock but Christmas just passed and ya. I wanted a quite but high quality CBE so I went with the Tanabe Touring exhaust and it's extreamly nice looking and sounds awesome. No drone, no complaints Super easy install. At the same time I got the Injen system. Looks awesome but lost low end power but gained some top. It was a bit of a learning curve taking the bumper apart especially the damn grill thing that scratched the **** out of my hands. Also, all the damn plastic tabs are a pain in the ***. But no CEL no Boost leaks. I wish Injen came with the LICP couplings but oem is fine for now.

Future mods: My tuner Gary Bains is getting me set up with a Walbro High pressure fuel pump, simple Manual Boost controller, MAP LICP, DC Sport DP with TP and a Tune. I'm thinking of doing cams and exhaust manifold before the tune but we will see. I'm looking for something that makes the car run happy and not to much in the corners on a track day. All to often I see guys make more power then their brakes can handle and we know how that ends. After that I'm going to focus more on esthetics and leave the power alone.
Super clean ww evo bro how much did you pick her up for?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rome97
Super clean ww evo bro how much did you pick her up for?
It was a pretty penny. California versions are way more expensive. I think because the weather is dryer and they have way less rust then most other states. I payed 25k for it
Old Jan 6, 2017, 01:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It was a pretty penny. California versions are way more expensive. I think because the weather is dryer and they have way less rust then most other states. I payed 25k for it
Mileage?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 02:06 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Thank you! I hear it's very popular. Is yours white as well? I'm thinking one day I'll get a wrap. Like the blue my civic si has. I get aloft of complements for it.
It is, yes. They look awesome in white, you can see all the cool, contrasting vents and lights, and any color wheel looks great.
I prefer white on anything with exception of Ferrari...which I'll never own, so.
LOL
Old Jan 6, 2017, 03:23 PM

Mileage?
It has 68k on her.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 03:25 PM

Mileage?
Originally Posted by kaj
It is, yes. They look awesome in white, you can see all the cool, contrasting vents and lights, and any color wheel looks great.
I prefer white on anything with exception of Ferrari...which I'll never own, so.
LOL
Ya that's true they do look pretty clean and everything pops. What would you think would be better with wheels color; Black, Gold, or something else?

Quick Reply: New Evo Owner