Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Finally a part of the Evo Community!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Finally a part of the Evo Community!

Hey everyone!

I recently purchased my dream car - a 2005 Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR edition. I have been in love with this car for SO long and am extremely happy that I now own one! This car is absolutely beautiful! This car is relatively stock - It has a tune by EFI Logics, a cat-back exhaust, Mishimoto radiator, and a K&N intake. Any suggestions on beginning mods or mods that won't burn a hole in my wallet? I am already planning to get ECUFLASH and EvoScan. Thanks and I am glad to be apart of the community!

Old Mar 30, 2017, 07:11 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hello & great to have you join us on EvOM. What a nice looking, stock appearing MR.

Make yourself at home here & stay active, daily !

If you have any questions, Let me know

Joe
The following users liked this post:
4G63_Crazy (Mar 30, 2017)
Old Mar 30, 2017, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of your first Evo. From the pics it looks clean and doesnt seem like it was driven in snow/salt at all or much. FYI that is the Evo IX front bumper. Either thats an Evo 9 or previous owner replaced the 8 bumper with a 9.

The ACD pump is very visible and the mesh similar to the one in front of the intercooler is missing. It doesnt seem corroded but rather in good shape. If I where you I would cover that side with a plastic or something to protect it from direct exposure, especially if you will drive in snow/salt. The ACD pump corrodes from the salt which may lead to earlier failer. I bought my Evo new and at close to 40K miles in 4 years the ACD corroded and failed thanks to the salt.

You have a lot of reading to do to catch up to all the good stuff available for mods.

Good Luck.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
Congrats on the purchase of your first Evo. From the pics it looks clean and doesnt seem like it was driven in snow/salt at all or much. FYI that is the Evo IX front bumper. Either thats an Evo 9 or previous owner replaced the 8 bumper with a 9.

The ACD pump is very visible and the mesh similar to the one in front of the intercooler is missing. It doesnt seem corroded but rather in good shape. If I where you I would cover that side with a plastic or something to protect it from direct exposure, especially if you will drive in snow/salt. The ACD pump corrodes from the salt which may lead to earlier failer. I bought my Evo new and at close to 40K miles in 4 years the ACD corroded and failed thanks to the salt.

You have a lot of reading to do to catch up to all the good stuff available for mods.

Good Luck.

Thanks! It is actually an evo 8, just with an IX front bumper. The previous owner did that. The car looks really good on the outside, but underneath, sadly, is a whole different story. There is quite a lot of rust (picked the car up in NY, so lots of snow and salt). Also, thanks for the advice! I'll have to cover the ACD pump soon! Hopefully the snow is gone for the year, but you never know with mother nature
MinusPrevious (Mar 31, 2017)
Old Apr 21, 2017, 07:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey man, love your evo 8, i too almost thught it was a 9 with the grey paint and 9 front bumper lol. i just picked my evo up in PA a few months ago and i totally understand your struggle with a rusty undercarriage, definitely recomend getting it undercoated as soon as you can. i need to still bring mine to a shop to get it done (i prefer leaving a professional to overlook and scrape the rust off being they have the experience) unfortunately i havent been able to get mine done yet cause my motor needed rebuilding after i spun a bearing and my head gasket was leaking. best of luck with your semi-build! maybe look into getting an evo 9 turbo? i think some are for sale by other members in the FS threads.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome to the fam!
Old Apr 27, 2017, 04:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Very CLEAN !!! Really like the color. Congratulation with your dream car I know how that feels. It has been 4 years since I got mine and every day I wake up and still get the excitement to drive my Evo. Enjoy IT !!!
Old May 2, 2017, 12:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase, it's great when the dreams come true. Post up some more pics for us and enjoy your driving.
Old May 2, 2017, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Congratulations, and welcome to the neighborhood! Perfect color for an Evo! I'm from Northern 'Jersey. Best of luck, and start saving money for your mods! Don't fool yourself in thinking you'll keep her stock! (lol!)
4G63_Crazy (May 7, 2017)