Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Member from MA

Old Apr 27, 2017, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member from MA

I've been lurking the classifieds for parts over the past few days, but I figured I'd make an introduction. I picked up my 2014 RA a couple weeks ago (would've been an X GSR, but my other half can't drive stick and decent MR's are seemingly non-existent in New England) and have been chomping at the bit to start modding. Other than the BOV and EBCS, any recommendations for starting mods? I'm coming from the 86 platform, so this is pretty much uncharted territory for me.

Last edited by Whiteout506; Apr 27, 2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 06:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Whiteout506
I've been lurking the classifieds for parts over the past few days, but I figured I'd make an introduction. I picked up my 2014 RA a couple weeks ago (would've been an X GSR, but my other half can't drive stick and decent MR's are seemingly non-existent in New England) and have been chomping at the bit to start modding. Other than the BOV and EBCS, any recommendations for starting mods? I'm coming from the 86 platform, so this is pretty much uncharted territory for me.
Welcome aboard & congrats on the RA. Looks super clean. As far as mods, be great to get this RA on some susp springs (Swifts / GTworx or even some Eibachs). CAT back exhaust also

Stay active on the forum & dont be shy about posting up

Joe
Old Apr 29, 2017, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Welcome aboard & congrats on the RA. Looks super clean. As far as mods, be great to get this RA on some susp springs (Swifts / GTworx or even some Eibachs). CAT back exhaust also

Stay active on the forum & dont be shy about posting up

Joe
Unfortunately the headlights are a mess (aftermarket HID kit by the looks of it), and between the ballasts and how it looks like some stuff was done (ballasts mounted with 3m velcro tape, and scotch tape on top of sealant between the plastic cover and the back housing), I'm not sure if it would just be easier to scrap them and order a new halogen set than try to fix it.

It's surprisingly clean other than that!

BoV/EBCS/AP3 should be on the way this week, though, so yay power!