Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hello all

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all

Hello everyone, new here but been in cars my entire life. Learning about the chassis before I purchase in a couple months. I'm 35 and been building engines and such since I was 15 starting with lawn mowers and small engines. Currently attending the police academy and will be graduating in July. I used to have a 530whp srt-4 neon sold it for a mini van for the expanded family. Now I'm in desperate need of some power and fun again but still being family capable. The wife mentioned the evo 8/9 which I have been in love with since their debut but couldn't afford them then. So I'm on here to learn as much as possible before purchasing so I understand the layout and modification paths that work best. Currently residing in Commie-fornia but luckily I live near e85 ha ha. Well everyone thank you for you time. I'm looking forward to being part of the AWD family
Old May 13, 2017, 02:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Well, welcome aboard

With your previous Neon experience, youre a perfect match for the EvO. Ive owned mine coming up on 10 years

If you have any Neon pics, post them up!

Any questions let me know

Joe
Old May 13, 2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Well, welcome aboard

With your previous Neon experience, youre a perfect match for the EvO. Ive owned mine coming up on 10 years

If you have any Neon pics, post them up!

Any questions let me know

Joe
I do have pictures. It was a fun car but traction was my biggest issue with that power level. Only one gear hooked.
Old May 13, 2017, 03:41 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I like Very clean!!!
Old May 15, 2017, 09:17 AM

I like Very clean!!!
Thank you I pride myself on my cars being a clean example. Can't wait to have an evo. Wanted one since 2003
Old May 15, 2017, 09:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by SithLord82
Thank you I pride myself on my cars being a clean example. Can't wait to have an evo. Wanted one since 2003
Yes, we can use a man w/your level of detail on our side.

My EvO is strictly a weekend / track car. Just had it out over the weekend, buzzing around w/all 4 windows down & my hair on fire

Last edited by MinusPrevious; May 15, 2017 at 09:43 AM.
Old May 15, 2017, 09:40 AM

Beware the tranafercase!!! Went on a spirited run last month and blew my transfercase on my 03 evo 8. Sent it out to sheptrans and they did an amazing job. All was broken so i decided to go with stage 1 and wavetrac and it can hold to 600whp even tho im making half of that hahaha. Still beast of a car to have tho i enjoy mines everyday.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:23 AM

Yes, we can use a man w/your level of detail on our side.

My EvO is strictly a weekend / track car. Just had it out over the weekend, buzzing around w/all 4 windows down & my hair on fire

Thank you for the compliment. Your evo is gorgeous.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Lui55v
Beware the tranafercase!!! Went on a spirited run last month and blew my transfercase on my 03 evo 8. Sent it out to sheptrans and they did an amazing job. All was broken so i decided to go with stage 1 and wavetrac and it can hold to 600whp even tho im making half of that hahaha. Still beast of a car to have tho i enjoy mines everyday.
Thank you for the information. I am aware that the rear end, trans and transfer case are the weak links. I'll likely have sheptrans parts in mine when I get it