Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Just bought a Evo 8. New to the Evo community

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im getting a strange whine when im driving the whining start like from like 30 mph to like 60 mph it stops after that. Can that be my TCase? Its like a small siren whine when i barely step on the gas but when i step on it harder it goes away ? When i put in neutral you can hear it also
Old Jun 19, 2017, 06:02 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe Cool
Im getting a strange whine when im driving the whining start like from like 30 mph to like 60 mph it stops after that. Can that be my TCase? Its like a small siren whine when i barely step on the gas but when i step on it harder it goes away ? When i put in neutral you can hear it also
Not sure there Gabe. When was the last tranny / diff oil change done? If you dont know, it would be a good thing to do. (change the tranny oil, rear diff, front diff, engine oil).

See if that makes any difference

Joe
Old Jun 19, 2017, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Welcome.

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
When was the last tranny / diff oil change done? If you dont know, it would be a good thing to do. (change the tranny oil, rear diff, front diff, engine oil).
This for sure.

Also, we have a pretty good group of dudes out here that can help you out if you need it. Look up Northwest Evos on the book of faces.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 04:54 PM

Sorry for late reply, i work everyday and barely getting use to this but I dont drive it really much cause i hear the whine start at 3rd gear and on, its not loud but u can hear it well enough. How can i quickly check the fluids to see if its low on fluids?

i bought it from a dealer in Tacoma, Wa about a month ago. Ive done like 3 or 4 launches with it.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 04:56 PM

Not sure there Gabe. When was the last tranny / diff oil change done? If you dont know, it would be a good thing to do. (change the tranny oil, rear diff, front diff, engine oil).

See if that makes any difference

Joe

Your right i should just diffenenetly do that
Old Jun 26, 2017, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Sorry for late reply, i work everyday and barely getting use to this but I dont drive it really much cause i hear the whine start at 3rd gear and on, its not loud but u can hear it well enough. How can i quickly check the fluids to see if its low on fluids?

i bought it from a dealer in Tacoma, Wa about a month ago. Ive done like 3 or 4 launches with it.
You really can't check that. Best thing to do would be to change them as soon as you get a chance.

Filling the transfer case and rear diff can be a pain in the dick and need to be done correctly to ensure the proper fluid level. If you're not fully confident in your ability to do it, I would HIGHLY suggest paying to get it done. A&W Automotive isn't far from you (they're in Auburn) and Evos are their thing.

Here's some how-to concerning the t-case:

https://www.jackstransmissions.com/pages/t-case-filling

http://www.teamrip.com/t-case-oil/
Old Aug 14, 2017, 09:14 AM

The Service engine soon light turns on when im like full throttle and past the 6k rpms. Why is that?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 09:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
The Service engine soon light turns on when im like full throttle and past the 6k rpms. Why is that?
Likely a tune setting. The CEL is indicating knock at WOT. Mine does the same if knock is detected. If its doing it all the time, it is likely time for a re-tune
Old Sep 5, 2017, 03:31 PM

Likely a tune setting. The CEL is indicating knock at WOT. Mine does the same if knock is detected. If its doing it all the time, it is likely time for a re-tune
ok i see and what is a "knock at WOT" mean?