Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hello I'm Alex from Pennsylvania

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello I'm Alex from Pennsylvania

Hi I'm Alex new to the site as well as the evo platform. Long time lurker finally decided to register. I'm currently in the market for a electric blue evo 8. But I'm currently from Berks county Pennsylvania moving on the 15th of July to Norfolk Virginia. I am not new to the 4g63 platform have tinkered with older dsm's mostly customer cars . Most of the cars where stock or all but. I am hoping to find a lot of info from this already amazing plethora of knowledge. Hoping to stick to what I want but I may cave for red evo 8 not sure of correct color name tornado red?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 08:16 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey Alex

Welcome aboard & thanks for joining EvOM

Do your research & ask questions. Ive owned my 9 for 10 years now & still enjoy buzzing it around on the weekends

And being that youre familiar w/the 4G63T, you are miles ahead!

Let me know if you have any questions

Joe
Old Jul 3, 2017, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hey Alex

Welcome aboard & thanks for joining EvOM

Do your research & ask questions. Ive owned my 9 for 10 years now & still enjoy buzzing it around on the weekends

And being that youre familiar w/the 4G63T, you are miles ahead!

Let me know if you have any questions

Joe
thanks man!! Much appreciated I was heavily into volkswagens and nissan's mostly 240's. Do you prefer the 9 over the 8? I know that is an opinion question more or less. I enjoy an honest answer not the dummies who bash and flap there gums. I was thinking about a 9! I've been doing plenty of research on both I do want 6spd so idk where I stand honestly but I will settle for a 5spd. I may dd it but I have a late 80's tdi Jetta that I couldn't beat the 40mpg+ haha.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 05:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Alex Bruns
thanks man!! Much appreciated I was heavily into volkswagens and nissan's mostly 240's. Do you prefer the 9 over the 8? I know that is an opinion question more or less. I enjoy an honest answer not the dummies who bash and flap there gums. I was thinking about a 9! I've been doing plenty of research on both I do want 6spd so idk where I stand honestly but I will settle for a 5spd. I may dd it but I have a late 80's tdi Jetta that I couldn't beat the 40mpg+ haha.
I own the 9, so im partial. The 9 has the MIVEC head (variable intake) & the ACD (differential) & the bigger turbo, so it makes more stock power

Other than that, its mostly cosmetic. Also, based on durability, I would stick w/the 5 speed. The 6 works just fine, but its a finer piece that must be treated as such

Joe