Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

I Sold My 3G...Somehow I Ended Up Here!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Sold My 3G...Somehow I Ended Up Here!

Title says it all! Allow me to fill you in. My name is Dylan, and I am located in the Toledo Ohio area. Since September of 2013, I owned and modified a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS. Loved the car, and it was my first car that brought me into the car scene. So a lot of great memories with it. However, after a lot of thought I decided to sell it. Sold very quickly, and exactly for my asking price so that was impressive. For anyone that would like to know more, this is my thread pertaining to that time from Club3G!

With that, I had known well before I listed my 3G that I was heavily interested in the Evo platform. I have really settled on the Evo 8, and am open to a 9 if I come across the right one. I have been doing my share of research, and just read through the "newby welcome" sticky and I'm glad I did. Definitely cleared some things up for me. But the world of AWD and boost will be new to me, so I'm sure I will have questions. I know the Shootout is a major event pertaining to these cars, and this year will be my second year back. So I plan to do more research there, and see more in person to decide exactly what I want.

As of right now, I'm very much set on an 8 as mentioned. Preferably black, in my head I can see exactly what I want to do with it. But, I would be open to the blue/red colors. Or charcoal if I came across the right MR. I believe I would be fine with any trim, except the RS model. So, I have a rough idea of what I'm looking for. With time, I'm sure I will come across what I have envisioned and purchase my next project! With that, I'm certainly looking forward to becoming a reputable member through the forum and getting to know some of you all!

-Dylan
Old Aug 16, 2017, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Congrats, and good luck with the Evo search.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 06:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by McCance208
I would be fine with any trim, except the RS model.
Hi Dylan. Welcome aboard. Great to see youre in the market for the CT9A platform

I highlighted your quote, because thats the only model I would own

If you have any questions, let us know

Joe
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:46 AM

Thanks for the welcome. Joe, to each their own I suppose! I have found a few 8's and one 9 I liked. However, on eof the 8's was too good to be true. 48k and $14,000 and sitting on a Buy Here Pay Here lot. My gut told me to just forget about it, personally dont trust something like that. I wasnt wanting to go through a dealership to purchase one, but there is a place in Illinois named Exclusive Auto Exchange that seems to deal with imports like this. They have an 8 that was just dropped off. Black, 98k and starting at $18,000. They should be contacting me soon with pictures and maype this weekend I can head that way and see it in person and check every detail out!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 08:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Let us know Dylan

You can always post up the car detail & start a thread in the General section if you want to get a few handfuls of comments

Or post it here, & just a few of us will comment on it
Old Aug 23, 2017, 12:38 AM

I will keep it updated! I also have a reputable friend in the Michigan area who works with a performance shop who delivers imports and has a handful of Evo's to choose from. He is going to see what he can do for me. Thanks for the input Joe, I will likely start a thread there just to get more input and get to know a few more people!
Old Aug 23, 2017, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Welcome. Your Eclipse had a fair bit of work done to it, too bad it had the wrong number in front of the G. I remember one time some kid tried to convince me how a 3G Eclipse is superior to a first or even second gen DSM. I still laugh about it to this day

You'll find the Evo to be a crazy upgrade. You'll be able to see what Mitsubishi can actually do when they take a minute away from making ****ty cars and actually try. Completely different machine over anything else in their lineup. Definitely worth the wait to find the right one.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by six40
Welcome. Your Eclipse had a fair bit of work done to it, too bad it had the wrong number in front of the G. I remember one time some kid tried to convince me how a 3G Eclipse is superior to a first or even second gen DSM. I still laugh about it to this day

You'll find the Evo to be a crazy upgrade. You'll be able to see what Mitsubishi can actually do when they take a minute away from making ****ty cars and actually try. Completely different machine over anything else in their lineup. Definitely worth the wait to find the right one.
I loved my 3G, and had made a good handful of friends through the forums. But I will say, there are a few owners who do concern me Some of the stuff I'd see between the facebook groups and 3G instagram pages just caused me to shake my head, and see why a lot of people hated us haha. I'm super excited to see what you're talking about. I contacted the dealership in Illinois today and hopefully will be going this weekend to see the 8 in person.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:57 PM

Official reveal here
Old Aug 30, 2017, 05:11 PM

mitsu love