Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Always Creepin'

Old Aug 31, 2017, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Tampa Member

So, have always creeped the forums. Guess ill share my story now. Never was huge into forums but I figured, ill try joining this one its always seemed a cool comminiry. I first bought a GSR 3 years ago out of Bakersfield.. couldnt find a decent X anywhere and finally came across these forums. Made an account (that I now lost and cant recover if an admin can delete for me, thatd be great) to message the owner of a 11 WW GSR. Got the number, purchased the X and fell in love. 1 year later I missed my audi I sold and ended up selling my WW GSR to buy back the same S4 I sold. I literally shed a tear as it drove away. (Yes I know). Ended up buying back my S4 but wanted boost so I built a 600whp cobalt. Had a bit of fun with that, and sold it. (Highway killers are fun). Couldnt afford a 10, so I decided to go with an 8. Well that was a bad decision, impulse buy and the motor was iffy so I traded it for a B7 S4. Made the B7 look pretty, sold it for a little profit and found myself a 08 out of DE. Thought the guy seemed trustworthy and bought the car as he promised me everything was 100 percent (yeah as if I didnt already know) but the price was fair and I rolled the dice. Really missing my WW at this point, but still had my S4 and wanted to really build myself up to own both. Two awesome platforms I couldnt decide between. Got the 08 to my house, peeked under the car and saw a rust pit. (I asked if there was any rust specifically..especially being from the east coast) Instantly all that happiness for another evo went away. 2 weeks later rear diff went, fixed that and listed it for sale. Lost my butt in that car over 10k, but decided to not let it bug me anymore. Kept the S4 as the primary for a year now until I finally had enough saved up to look for a proper, clean X. After a long hard search, and narrowing it down to 2 awesome candidates, and a very hard pick...I found my new baby. As much as I love doing 110% of work myself on cars. I couldnt pass this up. An amazing deal, for the exact widebody and wheel combo I wanted fell right into my lap. Even down the color WW...AND local. 3 out of 3 was a sign. I wish it was a GSR as I plan to go big power, but im willing to take on the SST challenge and make some power. I know a few of you have recommendations on where I can send it out to as well, and would love to hear some. Beautiful car, authentic Varis V2 widebody, Advan 19x10.5 Bronze coated wheels, Do-Luck CF trunk, Varis CF Hood, Tomei Exhaust, Takata Harness, and it goes on.

Glad to finally be apart of the community and share some of my knowledge on this platform, as well as recieve! Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Last edited by VarisX; Aug 31, 2017 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 31, 2017, 03:43 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Excellent

Great to have you join us, Finally

Love the look on that X. Im a wide, aggressive wheel guy & have always admired over-fenders, although have not gone that route w/mine, Yet!

Great story & thanks for posting.

Hey, stay active on EvOM, & make it a daily habit. Excellent group of owners, all over the world & they could your experience

Joe