Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

can i be a newbie but not a newbie?lol

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can i be a newbie but not a newbie?lol

Hey all ive been in and out of the evo community the last few years. starting with a 03 evo rs and now finally owning a Black 2005 Evo8 SSL. prior to that I was building DSM's and breaking those the last 10-12yrs. so my understanding of the Evo is "pretty good." lol maybe. as far as the mechanics of things its a 4g63 lets be real. IMO one of the easiest motors to work on. given you have messed with them in the past.
The goal is to finally wrap my head into the tuning world I do have some knowledge but I consider myself a NEWBIE! when I was 15yrs old I was writing programs and building my own web browsers and here I am 17yrs later im scratching my head...
ive been reading and watching and reading more on tuning. I have taken a few logs and everything seems to be "safe" zone.
If anyone is interested in sharing just some of their wisdom with me please feel free to do so. NO I don't want to be SPOON fed! but what I would like is for someone to walk me through the initial process of what certain things are and give me a semi basic walk through. its been some time since ive been on laptaps or computers but im whippin along this last week.
YES I have read merlins guide and YES I have watched "how to tune an EVO" multiple times for the last 2 weeks. there are just minor details I feel im missing. im a better learner hands on and when I cant do that I do struggle. Like I said im not asking for a hand out but if someone that is pretty knowledgable to evoscan ecuflash please reach out to me. im not going to ask for "free" information and time. As I know time is money. I do have PAYPAL and have no problem shooting someone money for their time and explaining things maybe a little more. anyways glad to be back and hope to meet more of you one day! Thank you for reading!
-B
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Sep 23, 2017)
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey, thanks for joining us

We could certainly use an experienced hand around here, so please make yourself at home

If youre looking for tuning advice, please browse, and participate in the tuning forums.

Heres one of the best tuning threads we have, done by one of the best & orig EvO tuners
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-tune-evo.html

Joe
The following users liked this post:
i8Godzilla (Sep 23, 2017)
Old Sep 26, 2017, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome! (:
Old Sep 26, 2017, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah, I remember my old DSM days. Good times. Welcome to the boards (new too).