Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

760 WHP WW Evo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
760 WHP WW Evo

Hello everyone! I joined the page a few months back and finally picked up a car that I saw on here. Brand new block and head installed on the car and all it needs is a break in tune! Let me know hat you think! Also is there any place that can make a base tune for breaking in the new block that doesn't charge an arm and leg? (Not trying to be cheap just don't want to pay $550+ for a few hundred mile tune).

Old Dec 6, 2017, 05:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Wow, you got yourself a fully modded EvO 760WHP, are you kiddding me? Thats amazing!!!

Really like the engine build pics & the car setup looks good. Look fwd to seeing you out there on the boards, posting up

If you have questions, let me know & welcome aboard

Joe
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:37 PM

bump
Old Dec 6, 2017, 01:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the community. There is nothing like the look of a fresh engine block and cylinder head.

Do you have any experience with ECU flash or evoscan? I suggest a break in tune under wastegate pressure only, with 0% WGDC for high and low gears (turned off EBCS). If it's a 2.0, you probably want to stick with a close to stock timing map and just be sure to tune your AFR's so that you're not running too rich or lean.

It looks like you will be on speed density, I would just send your injectors size, fuel type, ecu type, and map preferences to English Racing for a base map.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pal215
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the community. There is nothing like the look of a fresh engine block and cylinder head.

Do you have any experience with ECU flash or evoscan? I suggest a break in tune under wastegate pressure only, with 0% WGDC for high and low gears (turned off EBCS). If it's a 2.0, you probably want to stick with a close to stock timing map and just be sure to tune your AFR's so that you're not running too rich or lean.

It looks like you will be on speed density, I would just send your injectors size, fuel type, ecu type, and map preferences to English Racing for a base map.
I have a Taxtrix 2.0 and evoscan along with speed density and a 2.4L 4G64 block. The car is running so rich to where it wants to die at idle. I had already contacted English racing and it'll be $600 for a tune. So either I'll have to purchase one through them or find a local reputable tuner for the short break in period then pay the big bucks for a final tune.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:06 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by Gschierm
I have a Taxtrix 2.0 and evoscan along with speed density and a 2.4L 4G64 block. The car is running so rich to where it wants to die at idle. I had already contacted English racing and it'll be $600 for a tune. So either I'll have to purchase one through them or find a local reputable tuner for the short break in period then pay the big bucks for a final tune.
Nice, so you're already there. It sounds like you just need to rescale your injectors and lean out the fuel map. Are you logging AFR's through a wideband?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pal215
Nice, so you're already there. It sounds like you just need to rescale your injectors and lean out the fuel map. Are you logging AFR's through a wideband?
Yep I have a cord I can plug into the computer to log straight from the wideband.