Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New member in Phoenix Arizona

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member in Phoenix Arizona

Whats up everyone glad to be a part of evolutionm. I bought my first Mitsubishi 12/15/2017 and got a 2005 Lancer Ralliart 2.4l MIVEC standard 5 speed with 113k. I bought the car for $900 because it had previously been in an accident and fixed privately so the repairs are not professional or finished. On my way home the engine over heated and shut down on the freeway. I got lucky and she fired back up and ran untill i could exit the freeway. By the time i got off and parked it im not gonna lie it was ****ed. I blew a head gasket, well i believe i bought it with a broken head gasket not knowing it was damaged and delt with the prob after i purchased lol usually how it goes for me. Anyways got it to a mechanic and had the block and head re surfaced and machined honed balanced and head completely rebuilt so new engine basically the costs were $1800. Been driving for a month and now im ready to start getting into mods. Ive searched the interwebs for months while car was being serviced and ive found that a member STAYER has done some pretty incredible work and i plan on getting in contact with him. I have an amazing mechanic here in Az so anything i cant tackle on my own im more then comfortable taking to him to have serviced. Thanks for reading and i hope to be posting and comenting on yalls threads.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 05:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Welcome aboard Bobby King

Sorry to hear of the mechanical issue, but sounds like youre committed to getting it running right

Spend time in our Ralliart forums & participate w/comments / questions

Great to have you join us

Joe
Old Jan 25, 2018, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Welcome aboard Bobby King

Sorry to hear of the mechanical issue, but sounds like youre committed to getting it running right

Spend time in our Ralliart forums & participate w/comments / questions

Great to have you join us

Joe

Hey how thanks buddy i appreciate it, i was up for like 3 hours scrolling through the general ralliart threads lol made it to page 22. I seen a few posts that will help me with exterior body repairs and i really want everything stayer is offering for my ralliart. His work seems to be top notch. I do have a question about a nose my car is making if you or someone else may be able to answer. I've almost put 2k on my rebuilt engine. So while I'm driving if i want to really take off and get on it when the rpm gets to 5-6k i hear a loud as vibration in my front end. I can't tell if it's my motor or body parts since the accident and personal repairs made aren't professionally done. If this isn't the right time or place for my question i will ask in a different thread. Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 01:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobby King
Hey how thanks buddy i appreciate it, i was up for like 3 hours scrolling through the general ralliart threads lol made it to page 22. I seen a few posts that will help me with exterior body repairs and i really want everything stayer is offering for my ralliart. His work seems to be top notch. I do have a question about a nose my car is making if you or someone else may be able to answer. I've almost put 2k on my rebuilt engine. So while I'm driving if i want to really take off and get on it when the rpm gets to 5-6k i hear a loud as vibration in my front end. I can't tell if it's my motor or body parts since the accident and personal repairs made aren't professionally done. If this isn't the right time or place for my question i will ask in a different thread. Thanks.
That vibration could be a no. of things. Just a suggestion: Consider removing the front bumper cover & the wheels & give it a good inspection. You might spot something obvious
Dont be shy about posting up a question in the Ralliart section. Posting up there will give you a post count unlike here in the Newbie section

Joe
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:02 PM

Welcome man. Phoenix az here as well. If You need any work done or have any questions check out Steve from az motor works. Great guy and really knows his **** and is always willing to help out anyone in need. Only person I will let touch my evo and is currently undergoing a 2.2 build in my X. Hope to see you out there sometime man.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by evox4b11turbo
Welcome man. Phoenix az here as well. If You need any work done or have any questions check out Steve from az motor works. Great guy and really knows his **** and is always willing to help out anyone in need. Only person I will let touch my evo and is currently undergoing a 2.2 build in my X. Hope to see you out there sometime man.
Hey buddy thanks for the welcome. Yeah i talk to Steve quite a bit about future mods and a build for this bad boy. Hes very interested in doing a 4g63 head conversion for me when i go that route. I may have seen your evo X on his live streams on fb lol. Atm im bone stock lol but a want to build a rocket so i will be on here and more involved with the scene in az now. Even though its like a teenage girls hormones out here haha
Old Feb 6, 2018, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
welcome!!!