Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Jumping into the EVO Life!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 09:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Jumping into the EVO Life!

Hi Guys,

My name is Pat and I've wanted an evo since I was in high school. Back then I had a friend with a evo 9 MR who let me drive it once...now I'm graduated from CU Boulder (SKO BUFFS) and have a job. My 1987 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer just keeps breaking down on me and as much as I love that car, fixing it up when I was 14, I'm sick of putting more and more money into it and finally want a new, reliable, high performance car such as the EVO. After doing some research this is what I have come up with....

MY DREAM EVO:

2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Rally Red Metallic with SSS Package. Looking for one with ~25k miles, 50k max.

I want to get a stock evo, so I can start the project from scratch. Here are the modifications I plan on getting, please share your opinion!

I found two evo performance packages, the ETS package 1 & 2, and then the STX400 AMS package.

The $4469 AMS parts include:
  • AMS Titanium Race Series Cat-Back Exhaust, Single Tip
  • AMS Performance Intake System
  • AMS Front Mount Intercooler Kit
  • AMS Upper Intercooler Pipe
  • AMS Widemouth Downpipe
  • AMS 3” Stainless Steel Test Pipe
  • Cobb AccessPort V3
  • Grimmspeed 3 Port Evo X Boost Control Solenoid
  • AMS STX400 Calibration for the Cobb AccessPort
While the $3222 ETS package 1 & 2 includes:
  • ETS Intake Kit
  • ETS Intercooler Kit (Does this include a Upper Intercooler Pipe?)
  • ETS Downpipe
  • ETS Test pipe
  • ETS Cat back Exhaust
  • GrimmSpeed Boost Controller
  • +$500 = $3722 with Cobb AccessPort V3
So with the same parts (correct me if I am wrong) the AMS package is $750 dollars more and the only advantage is the AMS STX400 Calibration for the Cobb AccessPort...which it would be better to get a pro tune?

Is the AMS worth 750 dollars more than the ETS? Are these package deals the cheapest way to go for these mods? Are these the best first modifications to get before upgrading turbo and fuel injectors? Also, which of these modifications are easy to do at home, vs which should i take in to get done?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase!

If you go with our 2 packages it equates to full bolt ons essentially. It would be the complete intercooler kit (intercooler, Upper AND lower Intercooler piping), Intake kit, Downpipe, Testpipe, catback exhaust and we also have drop down options to add the Cobb AP and the Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS (highly recommend this).

A protune is really the way to go. The off the shelf maps will get you close but a protune specific to your mods and car will always be the best way. You could easily take money saved and put it into the tune.

If you wanted our titanium single exit exhaust we do offer one for an additional $260.

All our parts carry a lifetime warranty and are made in the USA. Our core is something we have specifically made to our specs for each application as well.

- Robert

Last edited by ETS Michael; Feb 9, 2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I haven't purchased one yet, I am still looking. Currently located in Colorado and haven't been able to find one.

Could you tell me what "full bolt ons" is? I'm assuming it is a classification of mods, which ones?

Is going with the packages cheaper than buying the ETS parts individually? Whats the discount?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Its the term for all the basic bolt on parts for the car. Its all the hard parts needed to max out the stock turbo basically.

The packages save a little over all but the main savings is they give you free shipping.

- Robert
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Feb 9, 2018)
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey, thanks for joining us on the boards

This is a great thread on the bolt-on steps that a lot of us have done

Note: I did not title the thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-dummies.html

Joe
The following users liked this post: