Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Time for an Evolution

Old Mar 8, 2018, 08:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Time for an Evolution

Hi all. Russ here, been a turbo car guy since 2000. 90s Japanese cars are my fav, but had many cars from other countries/years. But always have a fun turbo car at all times. I have had 7 DSMs, 2 3000gt vr4, wrx, sti, 300zx (one with 714hp) legacy ss, gti, audi, FC3S, Supra, you name it. I am currently selling 3 of my cars to get my wife a newer suv, and me an EVO. My plan was to sell my 3000gt ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/263537181731 ) and then my g35, and then my jeep. But 3000 has ben so hard to sell, I keep lowering the price. And now, I sold the jeep for more then I wanted...and now the 3000 is my daily until it sells. Horrible situation. So, anyway I am really thinking that an 8/9 would be a forever car for me. My old roomate had a red 8, a friend with a yellow 8, and another friend also had a red 8, so I am rather familiar with them. I wold prefer a 9 just because of the seats. I am done putting lots of money into cars, then loosing out on it when I sell, so looking for something to keep a long time. I want to be able to DD it, so no crazy mods, thinking leave stock turbo and do everything else to make it have more power, but keep the reliability. 400 wheel would be the dream.

Anyway just saying hello.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 08:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hi Russ

Looked at your FS post on Ebay. Great looking 3000. You would be a great addition to our forum if you become an owner

BTW, Ive got a 2006 EvO RS9 (had it for 10 years) Track day set-up

Welcome aboard & keep us posted on your search

Joe
Old Mar 8, 2018, 08:58 AM

Thanks! I will do that. I have found many in what I think will be my price range, but no point in any of it because I dont have cash in hand, no point in wasting anyone's time. General Question, seems like all Yellow evolution cars cost less, is this just because people think yellow is ugly?
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Mar 8, 2018)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 09:08 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by ign 5
Thanks! I will do that. I have found many in what I think will be my price range, but no point in any of it because I dont have cash in hand, no point in wasting anyone's time. General Question, seems like all Yellow evolution cars cost less, is this just because people think yellow is ugly?
Dont think color has much to do w/it. Yellow seems like the rare bird. Hardly ever see a yellow one buzzing around. For that matter the EvO 8/9 are hard to spot these days hence the up tick in used car prices
The following users liked this post:
ign 5 (Mar 8, 2018)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I have had 7 DSMs
I'm currently on DSM number 5 and 6.

You'll fit right in Welcome aboard. People here are helpful, and it's the most active forum I am part of.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:40 AM

Always come back to my roots hahah. I am on many forums, they just seem dead! I was surprised when I got a response to quick on here. When I finally get one, I will be on here all the time, lots on free time at work haha
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Yep same LOL all my surfing, research, buying etc is done at work. Stretch that company dime as thin as it can go.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 08:57 AM

Well update time, Looks like things are not going to work out the way I wanted. I sold my car for less then I wanted, and I found a car for my wife that is more then I wanted...so basically I don't have the funds, and it will be a bit till I can come up with more money. My family is big on no debt, so a loan is out of the question, unless I want a divorce with it. So, I am currently only at 9k. But will keep you all posted
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Well update time, Looks like things are not going to work out the way I wanted. I sold my car for less then I wanted, and I found a car for my wife that is more then I wanted...so basically I don't have the funds, and it will be a bit till I can come up with more money. My family is big on no debt, so a loan is out of the question, unless I want a divorce with it. So, I am currently only at 9k. But will keep you all posted
Totally understand. Took me years before I justified the cost for a 2nd car.

But now that Im 10 years into the hobby, cant see living w/out.

I enjoy the mechanical aspect of owning the EvO & then to be able to put my butt in into a 460hp seat, I really appreciate it

Keep us posted if you start getting close
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:21 AM

I did find this scary guy https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/...527192542.html but, here in Vegas, only like 2 E85 stations left. And I just dont want one that modded, The S title does not scare me, because I plan on keeping it for...well hopefully forever, but biggest turbo swap I would want would be evo9 turbo. Just everything about it is scary. lol But, I could afford it! haha
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Checked it out. Certainly been rode hard. Im sure you can find something that presents itself better. If it didnt have the salvage title, it would have been more attractive
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:35 AM

you saw it! other then the s title, you think it could be a good daily? I would turno it down, and convert it to 91
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Maybe if you could get this EvO for under 10K it might be worth going into this knowing that some of the majors may have to done (transfer case, tranny, engine etc)

If the car was given an honest inspection, on the lift, it might prove to be a good buy

But, yeah, visually looks suspect
Old Mar 16, 2018, 02:08 PM

So I am now able to swing about 12k looks like, and I stumbled on a Rally art Lancer? It looks like a X (I would prefer an 8/9) well it basically is an x, with a smaller turbo? he wants 11k, so it fits my price range, is this a steal? 120k miles. I just never heard of this before. He basically said it has the evolution x engine, and transmission just smaller turbo. interior and exterior abut the same also. I am for sure more of a 4G63T guy over a 4B11T, but this could be fun also. Thoughts?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 02:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

So I am now able to swing about 12k looks like, and I stumbled on a Rally art Lancer? It looks like a X (I would prefer an 8/9) well it basically is an x, with a smaller turbo? he wants 11k, so it fits my price range, is this a steal? 120k miles. I just never heard of this before. He basically said it has the evolution x engine, and transmission just smaller turbo. interior and exterior abut the same also. I am for sure more of a 4G63T guy over a 4B11T, but this could be fun also. Thoughts?
Im a 9 guy so not the most familar w/the RA. We have a full forum of RA guys here. At one time I was not a fan of the 4B11 but Ive learned more about it & have come to appreciate it for its: 4 bolt main / MIVEC cams both Intake & exhaust vs just the intake on the 4G63). Its a good motor!

I could make a project out of an RA. Suspension, motor bolt-ons, tune etc. Im just more of a raw CT9A guy (i have the stripper RS BTW)

All in all, not a bad decision & hope you get it if it meets your expectations

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time for an Evolution