Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newbie on the hunt!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie on the hunt!

Hello everyone,
my name is Mikale. I have always dreamed of owning an Evo since I was still in high school 6 years ago. I have been saving up these past few months and I'm simply waiting for the right one to go check out (preferable an 8 or 9)! I hope to learn as much as I can from everyone here as I continue my search for the right car!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 05:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hi Mikale

Great to have you join us on the EvOM boards. Make yourself at home & join the threads that interest you or post up a new one

If you have any questions, let me know

Joe
Old Apr 18, 2018, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hi Mikale

Great to have you join us on the EvOM boards. Make yourself at home & join the threads that interest you or post up a new one

If you have any questions, let me know

Joe
Thanks a lot. I was curious about 1 thing though. As I have been checking online these past couple of months, I see a majority of Evos, popping up at dealers in illinois. I saw a couple I wish to go check out. I've been told by a few people not to buy cars from up north because of the snow and rust issues. Should I really avoid them or is it alright as long as I inspect them thoroughly first?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 07:53 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Mushrh00ms
Thanks a lot. I was curious about 1 thing though. As I have been checking online these past couple of months, I see a majority of Evos, popping up at dealers in illinois. I saw a couple I wish to go check out. I've been told by a few people not to buy cars from up north because of the snow and rust issues. Should I really avoid them or is it alright as long as I inspect them thoroughly first?
Good question. Yes, I would be concerned. Its not just a Mitsu problem. If these EvOs were driven in the snow / wet, there was likely road de-icing chemicals used which plays havoc w/all the steel & alum members under the car

A thorough inspection must be done & if you can find a car that was a FL car or a Southwest car, so much the better
Old Apr 18, 2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Good question. Yes, I would be concerned. Its not just a Mitsu problem. If these EvOs were driven in the snow / wet, there was likely road de-icing chemicals used which plays havoc w/all the steel & alum members under the car

A thorough inspection must be done & if you can find a car that was a FL car or a Southwest car, so much the better
Alright I'll be cautious, I actually live down in South Florida and there is literally none that pop up for sale at dealers. No 8's or 9's at least so i may be settling with a 10. I'll keep an eye out and remain patient in the mean time.