Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Should I buy this 1000hp evo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 06:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Now, Im BUYING IT

Old Apr 24, 2018, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wasn't this Lease Locator (Austin Oakes)? If so I'd be super uncomfortable owning that thing.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 07:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fire that bad boy up at 5 am. All your neighbors would love you
Old Apr 24, 2018, 07:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonogiller

I’m sorry if I don’t know as much about evos as you, I didn’t know this was a competition, I’m sorry for me being curious about what people have to say about this car before a make a decision or not, I really appreciate your input though

Registers for forum just to ask for opinions, doesn't like the opinions of people that have been on the forum for 10+ years. Typical.

Bye! *handwave*
Old Apr 24, 2018, 07:54 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
nah man, your gonna die in this thing if you buy it. Newbies get into trouble pushing the stock car to its limits. If you wanna get into the evo world get something mild and cut your teeth on that. This thing is so purpose built you won't get any real appreciation for the platform or what it can do.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Apr 24, 2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
nah man, your gonna die in this thing if you buy it. Newbies get into trouble pushing the stock car to its limits. If you wanna get into the evo world get something mild and cut your teeth on that. This thing is so purpose built you won't get any real appreciation for the platform or what it can do.
newbie LOL ok bro like you have any idea who I am or my friends are, I might be newer to the evo world but I’m not new to the car world I have got to drive cars much faster than this evo lol... my best friend has a Lamborghini preformante that I’ve got to race at the track and McLaren P1 and a 918 spyder not sure if your familar with those cars but they are a hell of a lot faster and more expensive so I’m pretty sure I can handle this monster of a 4 banger hahaha
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by evoforstevo
Wasn't this Lease Locator (Austin Oakes)? If so I'd be super uncomfortable owning that thing.
No. That car was caged, sequential trans, etc.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy this car if I was looking to go to standing 1/2 mile events, or drag racing. OP, you just need to keep in mind that at this level, "reliable" is a relative term, and lots of things can happen to cause a terminal failure, regardless of the quality of the build and parts used. A simple misfire, for example, during a pull can blow the head gasket.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:38 AM

I just gotta say if I was in the market for a 1k ho Evo. I would totally buy this one cause it's about as nice as they come.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I wouldn't hesitate to buy this car if I was looking to go to standing 1/2 mile events, or drag racing. OP, you just need to keep in mind that at this level, "reliable" is a relative term, and lots of things can happen to cause a terminal failure, regardless of the quality of the build and parts used. A simple misfire, for example, during a pull can blow the head gasket.
That's a good point. Reliability at this level is sort of non existent. Not to say that this car isnt well sorted out and that corners were cut because that isnt the case. However, when things fail at this level they tend to fail in epic proportions.

Also, were talking about 1000whp out of 4 cylinders which is more than 4x what it came from the factory. We now live in an world where 1000whp doesnt sound that crazy. But this is a 4 banger not a GTR with 2x the displacement or an LS for that matter. Sure the motor is built trans xcase built so on and so forth which should help it survive but parts can fail regardless. Not to mention the upkeep for something like this. Is it a well built car absolutely. However, this isnt something that can be driven for thousands of miles without pulling things apart inspecting and replacing whatever is needed on a routine basis.

All in all if you know what youre getting yourself into then its a great opportunity to pick up this car for a fraction of what it cost to build.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:41 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
In this context reliability is more about will it survive a season. OP I didn't mean to bruise your ego, i meant newbie to evo's.

P.S. I know your the kinda dude that would pose this kind of question, and that speaks.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Apr 24, 2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:45 AM

I'm curious if a car like that would run good de tuned to like 600 hp or if you would needs different parts or what not. If so that would be way more fun.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
In this context reliability is more about will it survive a season. OP I didn't mean to bruise your ego, i meant newbie to evo's.

P.S. I know your the kinda dude that would pose this kind of question, and that speaks.
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Saltyevo
I'm curious if a car like that would run good de tuned to like 600 hp or if you would needs different parts or what not. If so that would be way more fun.
It would an absolute waste with that size turbo and turbo kit. A good low boost tune on that setup would still be in the region of 800-900whp. It would be a lot more reliable at that level for sure. You would really want to go with a different turbo kit and smaller turbo if you really wanted to make a lot less power. But at that point, I wouldn't be starting with this car.

With this car, I would be more inclined to put a newer Gen2 precision on it, like a 7275, or even a 7685. It'll make 1000-1100whp much easier with that turbo (not as much boost, less back pressure, less heat), which would be easier on the motor.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by evoforstevo
Extremely likely it is the same car. Confidence level 99.9999999999921%
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
No. That car was caged, sequential trans, etc.
Things can and do get changed on builds believe it or not...
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Its a different car. This one appears to be Atif's (English Racing employee) old evo. Yes things can change but whos ripping out a cage on a 1000+whp build? Nope I want ultimate sleeper so screw the cage bc f safety but Ill take hood dumps and a side exit exhaust. And FWIW I just found this on the Lease Locator evo. Sure there are some similarities but they are most certainly different evos. https://www.revvolution.com/blog/201...h-racing-evo-8

EDIT: Also, note there is a sunroof on this one and the Lease Locator evo has a steel roof. Moral of the story different cars for sure.

Last edited by heel2toe; Apr 24, 2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kpt6
Extremely likely it is the same car. Confidence level 99.9999999999921%

Things can and do get changed on builds believe it or not...
Something tells me ER didn't cut the cage out of that car and put the interior back in. Just me though.

Quick Reply: Should I buy this 1000hp evo?