Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Should I buy this 1000hp evo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Standing 1/2, this would beat a Lambo
Old Apr 24, 2018, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
This is a deep pockets car.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 02:00 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by barneyb
This is a deep pockets car.
Indeed it is. At this level, an annual motor rebuild/refresh should be in the budget. If you want to go to a lot of events, and do a lot of passes, probably more often that...lol
Old Apr 24, 2018, 03:27 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
I don't even want to think of the maintenance costs of this car. If you thought the purchase price set ya back....

:P
Old Apr 24, 2018, 03:35 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
nah man, your gonna die in this thing if you buy it. Newbies get into trouble pushing the stock car to its limits. If you wanna get into the evo world get something mild and cut your teeth on that. This thing is so purpose built you won't get any real appreciation for the platform or what it can do.
If I wanted a 1,000hp drag/half-mile car, I don't think I'd start with one of the world's best-handling cars and then throw that all out the window to make it go fast in a straight line. That seems to defeat the purpose of the car. That and 1,000hp is a lot easier/cheaper/more reliable in something with two or three times the displacement.

Unless I wanted to just show people "what I did with a four-cylinder car".

I don't get it. And then there is the time and money going into keeping this thing going... I can't wrap my head around it. Not like it's going to be fun driving anywhere other than an air strip....?

**edit: I'm not trying to impose my opinion on anyone else.. just bench racing/conversing on the topic.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 04:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Amazing example of a 1000+ WHP EvO that is a total sleeper & is street driven. This ER EvO, here in this post, could pull this off w/some modifications
(BTW, motor build date of 2007)
Old Apr 24, 2018, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
I stand corrected. Good thing my confidence level wasn't at a full 100% I thought the Lease Locators Evo evolved into this car, but I can see it's different now. This car was tagged at some point as a Lease Locators car, so I was thrown off. Apologies.

And yes, as Kaj said, a stupid waste of money in this platform IMO as well. These builds tend to not be the most reliable, though there are exceptions as Minus posted. You still end up with a car that needs Ferrari-like maintenance though and you're better off sinking money into a GTR if you want that kind of power and want it to be reliable and still have decent value for selling it later on.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 05:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That Evo would be perfect to store in your garage with no hood just to look at and bask in the beauity of the engine bay...but never drive lol
Old Apr 24, 2018, 07:35 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Saltyevo
That Evo would be perfect to store in your garage with no hood just to look at and bask in the beauity of the engine bay...but never drive lol

I could see that. "Yeah... I have a 1,000hp Evo". [/conversation] haha
Old Jun 5, 2018, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 81 Likes on 68 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Jonogiller

newbie LOL ok bro like you have any idea who I am or my friends are, I might be newer to the evo world but I’m not new to the car world I have got to drive cars much faster than this evo lol... my best friend has a Lamborghini preformante that I’ve got to race at the track and McLaren P1 and a 918 spyder not sure if your familar with those cars but they are a hell of a lot faster and more expensive so I’m pretty sure I can handle this monster of a 4 banger hahaha
a lot faster eh? You would be wrong my friend. Which one of those cars can run in the 8’s in the quarter? I love racing Filthy rich fools, they tend to loose a lot of $$$$

none of those cars make over 900hp (crankshaft horsepower) and the fastest, the P1 does 9.8 in the quarter. Newbie you better stay away from this beast (1000 awhp big difference foo) or you might kill yourself. Actually with friends like that buying this Evo is kinda getto for a man of your stature.

Last edited by 2winscroll; Jun 5, 2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

So Minus did you buy this bad ride?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 05:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by 2winscroll
So Minus did you buy this bad ride?

LOL. No Sir

But, surely, after owning my lowly 450whp EvO & really enjoying the performance, i do have a desire to own an EvO w/substantial WHP (one day, maybe)

Joe
Old Jun 5, 2018, 06:20 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by 2winscroll

a lot faster eh? You would be wrong my friend. Which one of those cars can run in the 8’s in the quarter? I love racing Filthy rich fools, they tend to loose a lot of $$$$

none of those cars make over 900hp (crankshaft horsepower) and the fastest, the P1 does 9.8 in the quarter. Newbie you better stay away from this beast (1000 awhp big difference foo) or you might kill yourself. Actually with friends like that buying this Evo is kinda getto for a man of your stature.

LOL drag racing super cars. Not that kinda track, dude.
😁
Old Jun 5, 2018, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
LOL drag racing super cars. Not that kinda track, dude.
😁
Exactly! Controlling a 1000hp Evo compared to those “other cars” will be much more difficult/dangerous that’s my point.
As for drag racing or any racing I doubt any of those super car owners participate. They take those cars out on the highway and “go fast”. Sure if you want to race any of those rides on a highway pull i Guarantee you THAT Evo, or even MY Evo would beat the snot out of those high dollar cars, been there done that.
With that in mind take a 650hp track Evo set up correctly and those super cars would be hard pressed to keep up. Dare I say a good driver would destroy those “super cars”
Old Jun 5, 2018, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Lamborghini on the pad 1.11g’s
lots of evo’s running 1.25g’s
nuf said.

Quick Reply: Should I buy this 1000hp evo?