Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Question about buying a evo x and the buying process

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about buying a evo x and the buying process

Hi everyone,

Eventually I get ready to get an evo and I have some questions. I am a newbie, please don't flame on me.

Any advice on what to look for when buying a car?
I have looked at a evo in stock condition, looks like everything is fine but the car interior rattles a lot, and when accelerating, the speedometer needle shakes. (not sticking at one place and jump to another place, but like a shaky needle) What might cause the speedometer problem?

Also the seller is a bit weird, he insist me to do wire transfer in advance and he says he will sign the title to me after the money is cleared. ( 2 days after the wire is initiated)
I can't accept this method and I hope to use a cashier check, but he doesn't wants that and his reason is he need to wait for a few days to get the money and never give any other logical reasons.
Then we agree to use cash or go to the bank together and do the transaction in the bank, (at first I couldn't do that because my bank doesn't have a branch in the seller's town, and I find a friend to come with me and help with me on the transaction)

Any idea what might be fishy there? What might be potential problems on a evo like this?
Also, any suggestion on what do I need to pay attention to during the purchasing process?

Thanks everyone!
Old May 3, 2018, 07:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi kiraford,
Feel free to use the search. There are MANY stickies/posts on buying an evo here. The first thing I learned about car buying is never ever buy a car you feel uncomfortable with. If anything smells fishy step back from it. Take it to a mechanic you trust and bring a mature friend that knows the car and will be the person to tell you no. You need a person to tell you no. Lastly be ready to walk away. I spent a over a year before buy my current X. My experience includes buying over 6 different cars including two evos and patients is key. Just take your time don't rush.
The following users liked this post:
xxxx (May 18, 2018)
Old May 3, 2018, 07:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hello / Welcome aboard

Check EvOMs For Sale section. You will find a better group of sellers there

Be patient & look around. There are plenty of X's out there

Last edited by MinusPrevious; May 19, 2018 at 12:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
xxxx (May 18, 2018)
Old May 18, 2018, 09:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
new buyer here, A) drop that car like its hot. forget it, its a bad deal all around. B) when you find a better buyer seller who is trusted buy it, dont think about it do it. i never drove one, didnt even test drive mine. it took one ride along with the seller to know this was my calling in life. best car ive ever had.

Last edited by xxxx; May 18, 2018 at 09:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old May 18, 2018, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Someone said it above me already. The key is to be patient! So I wouldn’t get the one you’re looking at. I too was eager to buy the first evo I saw but im a thousand percent happy i waited until i found the perfect one. Also a new owner. I have been there. Trust me. Keep looking and the right one for you will pop up! Good luck!