Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Maybe time has come...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe time has come...

Hello evo forum, my name is Galip and I am from Turkey. I live in the states 6 months out of the year. I am thinking that this summer is the right time to get myself into one of my dream cars, an EVO . My budget is around $25,000. Is a evo X better or a evo 9 for that price? Honestly I will be dailying it but I want a clean “close to stock” evo. With any evo, what should I watch out for? I searched the forum for some examples but there aren’t many. Any kind of help is appriciated. Thanks everybody!
Old Jun 11, 2018, 01:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hi Galip

Welcome aboard & great to hear youre looking for an EvO. Based on your notes, that you plan on dailying this car, the EvO X would be best IMO. The X is more refined & drives better on the street than the 8 / 9

Look through the General Sticky threads for the details between the 2 models

Joe
Old Jun 11, 2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hi Galip

Welcome aboard & great to hear youre looking for an EvO. Based on your notes, that you plan on dailying this car, the EvO X would be best IMO. The X is more refined & drives better on the street than the 8 / 9

Look through the General Sticky threads for the details between the 2 models

Joe
Hmm... good point. Although the X is the better daily car with more refinement I think the 4g63 is a major part for me. And maybe if I can find a good evo 9 mr, the 6th gear may help me out when driving on the highway but then again the 6 speed supposedly is “weak”? Is that true? Btw I found out that I cannot see the “for sale” evos until I have 15 posts or 15 days pass by.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 05:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
The for sale threads have moved to this new forum. You certainly can view them here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/market/

If you did get an 9, is there a way you could just use it as your weekend car. I just cant see dailying a 9. The 6 speed works very well, but must be treated properly. No hard launches etc. Treat it like a Swiss Watch.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
welcome Galip. I have owned both cars and I can tell you the X is a better daily driver especially. Neither car is exactly practical though. For $25k you can find yourself a mint Evo 9 with 45-70k miles. For that much you can also find a X with similar mileage.. if you go with a X I would say a 2012-13 model with around 50-70k miles in good condition. The best place I suggest to look is on Facebook closed groups like Stritckly Modified DSM & Evo or 4g63 Evo/DSM or Evo 8/9/10 Buy Sell Trade. Theres plenty of Evos there for sale in case you did not know. There are some nice clean cars here for sale like MinusPrevious directed you to the marketplace. Good luck.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Buy what you want. I am a 4G63 guy. I don't care much for the X.

As far as DD, it depends on your threshold for what you can handle. People can and do DD the 8/9 - I bought an 8 from an original owner a few years ago that had over 250k miles on it and he lived in SoCal where traffic is terrible.

For DDing comfort, it also depends on what model you have. The first 2 guys who have posted in this thread have RS's and that's what they're in to. I don't care for the RS. RS has zero creature comforts, no sound deadening, no power windows or locks, no HID headlights, etc. Those RS models are definitely more rough to DD than the other Evos that weren't stripped down cars that were truly meant for actual rally racing.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
The for sale threads have moved to this new forum. You certainly can view them here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/market/

If you did get an 9, is there a way you could just use it as your weekend car. I just cant see dailying a 9. The 6 speed works very well, but must be treated properly. No hard launches etc. Treat it like a Swiss Watch.
Honestly I dont think I possible can. I will be using it everyday due to the fact that we own a pizza business. I will be delivering pizza with it 3 to 4 days out of the week Thank you for the link btw. It will help me alot!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
welcome Galip. I have owned both cars and I can tell you the X is a better daily driver especially. Neither car is exactly practical though. For $25k you can find yourself a mint Evo 9 with 45-70k miles. For that much you can also find a X with similar mileage.. if you go with a X I would say a 2012-13 model with around 50-70k miles in good condition. The best place I suggest to look is on Facebook closed groups like Stritckly Modified DSM & Evo or 4g63 Evo/DSM or Evo 8/9/10 Buy Sell Trade. Theres plenty of Evos there for sale in case you did not know. There are some nice clean cars here for sale like MinusPrevious directed you to the marketplace. Good luck.
A mint 9 sounds so good thank you for your input. I will be checking out the facebook pages!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by kpt6
Buy what you want. I am a 4G63 guy. I don't care much for the X.

As far as DD, it depends on your threshold for what you can handle. People can and do DD the 8/9 - I bought an 8 from an original owner a few years ago that had over 250k miles on it and he lived in SoCal where traffic is terrible.

For DDing comfort, it also depends on what model you have. The first 2 guys who have posted in this thread have RS's and that's what they're in to. I don't care for the RS. RS has zero creature comforts, no sound deadening, no power windows or locks, no HID headlights, etc. Those RS models are definitely more rough to DD than the other Evos that weren't stripped down cars that were truly meant for actual rally racing.
Yeah the Rs is pretty spartan I hear. My goal would be to find a evo 9 mr in red or dark grey, a close second would be a white sss x. But for $25k it seems I maybe able to find a better condition 9? The evo x seems to be closer to $30k for good examples. Some mods are acceptable for me but I honestly wont get something with anything more than a “full bolt-on” setup. A stock turbo, stock internals, stock wheels and suspension, stock spoiler, stock recaros etc...are a must. Thank you for your time and input!