Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New EVO, who dis?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 12:57 PM
NME

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking New EVO, who dis?

Sup everybody, I'm Nathan, this is my first EVO, before this I had Honda's up till about 4 years ago, then moved to Miata's and started drifting. I've owned 2 MINI Cooper S as well, both supercharged 6 speeds. I've always wanted an EVO since they came out in 2008 but alas, I just could never really afford one. Well as life would have it, after serving 5 years in the Marine Corps, I got out and started going to school for computers, since it's what I did in the service. Once I obtained my associate's I started looking for work as well as continuing my bachlors. Found a great job that I love and get paid well. So win, win. Finally I had a job making enough that I could finally get the car of my dreams. So as of yesterday, I am purchased a 2011 EVO X Wicked white, with what turned out to be quite a few mods. Just from a visual inspection, I have an ETS intercooler, Borla exhaust, one piece UICP, and a solid LICP, with a GrimSpeed 3 port boost solenoid as well as boost and A/F gauge in the cabin. Oh yeah, Rally Armor mud flaps as well. I can tell the previous owner took real good care of the car and had money as I purchased it from a Porcshe dealership. I'm familiar with A/F ratios to know what to look for, idle is 14.7-9 and WOT is 11.1-4 which is pretty good. I did notice knock occuring at high RPMs so until the 1st when I'm going to get it tuned/check the tune. I'm not pushing it much, due to I'm not sure what else the previous owner may have put on the car and I don't want to risk messing anything up. Although with the A/F where they need to be I'm not too concerned as it holds boost well and as long as I don't go past like 6k I don't get knock. I will post more pictures probably tomorrow, as I haven't really had a chance to take many. Anyways, I'm in Phoenix, so if anybody's out here, I'd like to meet some of you guys and see what you think and how I can improve the car. It's my daily, as I have a 97 Miata that I drift occasionally. Thanks for your time if you read this whole thing. ahhaa

The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (May 18, 2018)
Old May 18, 2018, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, she looks clean.
Old May 18, 2018, 04:29 PM
NME

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by huzzle101
Congrats on your purchase, she looks clean.
Thanks, I saw in your sig, your running FortuneAuto coils, how do you like them? I've been thinking about getting them, I haven't heard many people opinions on them.
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (May 18, 2018)
Old May 18, 2018, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
congrats on your Evo purchase and welcome to the forum.
Old May 18, 2018, 06:05 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by NME
Thanks, I saw in your sig, your running FortuneAuto coils, how do you like them? I've been thinking about getting them, I haven't heard many people opinions on them.
Welcome aboard Nathan. X looks real clean & has some nice mods

Hey, been running FA510's for some time. They are track spec'd but just use them on the street now

Any questions, let me know

Joe
Old May 18, 2018, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Looks good!

Congrats on the car and welcome to the Evo community! You’re gonna really enjoy it as it is a blast to drive. Plus you got a handful of goodies under the hood! Even better! Good luck with future plans!
Old May 19, 2018, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by NME
I like them, not harsh, ride really well.