Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New member/ new to evos

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New member/ new to evos

Id just like to say thanks for having me on this forum, ive been lurking as a guest for some time in the lead up to actually buying my first evo. I bought mine from a good friend, its a 2010 Evo X MR. it has ETS TBES V2, TP, intake, open down pipe, Cobb AccessPort V2, Cobb 3 port BC, Perrin sway bars, and Swift Type R springs. I know next to nothing really about what tune or map is being applied just reaching out to the community to figure out if this is a typical set up, guesstimates of power figures with set up, and how to protect and maintain this beautiful car/engine/drivetrain. what are some mods you have done or should do to extend the life of my car? thanks for your time!
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (May 18, 2018)
Old May 18, 2018, 06:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey, Welcome aboard & thanks for posting up.

I will tell you, that is one nice looking X

Joe
Old May 18, 2018, 07:19 PM

thanks! its hard to figure out how to make it really mine when it looks the way it does.
MinusPrevious (May 18, 2018)
Old May 18, 2018, 07:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah, no need to change anything. Get to know the car & all the features, how it drives, maintenance schedules, etc, etc.

Modding will come in short order, Im sure!
xxxx (May 18, 2018)
Old May 18, 2018, 09:44 PM

tl;dr shes perfect and i dont know how to make her stand out as "mine"

well the modding is done, ive had rx7s and a 600hp 240sx.... the power is there, the sound and feel is there, it handles like nothing ive ever been in. this is my 1st AWD and it drives amazing. the only problem i have is where i live and the daily drive feels like a large fish in a small bowl. no where to really open it up. ive read the manual cover to cover and just rolling through thread after thread of builds and advice and i just feel like i have the perfect car. i dont want to change anything but who wants to keep a car tailored to the last owner. i dont want to change the exterior because this low mile beauty doesnt need it. 1st world problems but ive never been here before where the power is taken care of and i dont want to change the look of the car, sure a couple of custom stickers via wife and her cricut but thats about all ive come up with...
Old May 18, 2018, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxx
tl;dr shes perfect and i dont know how to make her stand out as "mine"

well the modding is done, ive had rx7s and a 600hp 240sx.... the power is there, the sound and feel is there, it handles like nothing ive ever been in. this is my 1st AWD and it drives amazing. the only problem i have is where i live and the daily drive feels like a large fish in a small bowl. no where to really open it up. ive read the manual cover to cover and just rolling through thread after thread of builds and advice and i just feel like i have the perfect car. i dont want to change anything but who wants to keep a car tailored to the last owner. i dont want to change the exterior because this low mile beauty doesnt need it. 1st world problems but ive never been here before where the power is taken care of and i dont want to change the look of the car, sure a couple of custom stickers via wife and her cricut but thats about all ive come up with...
Start fresh. Or just swap for parts that way you get the feeling that it is your build? E.g: try a different exhaust. If you do get a new part try selling what you replace to get a bit of your money back. Maybe wrap the rims in a different color? Just throwing ideas out there. I also agree with driving the car and getting to it know it better. It’s a shame you don’t have anywhere to really do that. Highway on ramps may be your best friend. Haha. Great car nonetheless
xxxx (May 20, 2018)
Old May 20, 2018, 02:58 AM

yeah, theres a tunnel under the airport run way on the way to work... open waste gate open dump = awesome noise. yeah the heat around here is pretty tight, MPs, tri-city PD overlaps, port athourities and airport police... my fool around game is limited to zero to speed limit lol. i guess i shouldnt be surprised but im never going to get over the handling and feel of this car between the swift r type springs and the natural geometry. i cant believe i waited this long to get one, what do you drive?
Old May 20, 2018, 05:02 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Is there no tracks, near by, where you can do some track days? Youre in the heart of NASCAR country.

I would think you have some tracks avail?

Last edited by MinusPrevious; May 20, 2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Be thankful you at least have that little bit of fool around haha. That’s unfortunate though. I just got an evo x as well. Completely stock wicked white with 6k mil. About two months ago. I one hundred percent agree with the handling. Fortunately for me, i have canyons and backroads and the car is so much fun to drive. Scary even, it takes what you give it and keeps asking for more. Haha.
Old May 20, 2018, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Is there no tracks, near by, where you can do some track days? Youre in the heart of NASCAR country.

I would think you have some tracks avail?

well theres one track but its booked up for private events and bike nights with work i doubt ill ever get time to actually make a weekday open track. Perk of being a contractor is money, down side is no work no pay lol. Yeah yeah excuses excuses, ill try, for real. The streets is no where to put this thing through the paces.
Old May 20, 2018, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum! Agree with MinusPrevious... clean looking X you got there.
xxxx (May 21, 2018)
Old May 21, 2018, 09:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Congrats on the MR. It looks great. I have one as well and I love it!

- Robert
xxxx (May 21, 2018)
Old May 22, 2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
Congrats on the MR. It looks great. I have one as well and I love it!

- Robert
my friend from work sold it to me for a hell of a deal ETS everything paired with cobb support made this thing too good to be true.