Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

For those of you that have owned both, what's more expensive to own: EVO vs B5 S4

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you that have owned both, what's more expensive to own: EVO vs B5 S4

As the title says, if you've owned both cars, what car cost you more to maintain? I've heard a lot of horror stories about S4s but also a lot of success stories as well. I'm seriously contemplating both cars but even a decent EVO VIII is almost double what the B5 S4 costs where I'm at. But I know it could be possible that the B5 S4 could end up costing more than the EVO.
Old May 20, 2018, 04:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
No expert on the Audi platform, but I doubt it has the performance potential of the EvO CT9A platform w/out some serious expenditure of dollars

We have proven the performance potential & the proof is here on the EvOM forum.

Ive owned my EvO9 RS for 10 years & it is still performing strong, on the stock block (460 DynoPak WHP)

Welcome aboard & keep us posted on your final decision

Joe
Old May 20, 2018, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
No expert on the Audi platform, but I doubt it has the performance potential of the EvO CT9A platform w/out some serious expenditure of dollars

We have proven the performance potential & the proof is here on the EvOM forum.

Ive owned my EvO9 RS for 10 years & it is still performing strong, on the stock block (460 DynoPak WHP)

Welcome aboard & keep us posted on your final decision

Joe
Yes no doubt the EVO is definitely the stronger performer. And someday I will definitely own an EVO. The S4 would just be around for a good time not a long time, if you catch my drift! But I'm really holding out for an EVO IX but in Australia the IX is so much more expensive than the VII and VIII, so driving something else for a while would allow me to save up the difference. I could buy one now and take out a loan but I'm trying to avoid going into debt if I can.
Old May 20, 2018, 05:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Totally understand. I used to be a VW GTI guy, so I really have liked the platform & understand the attraction. The Audi is a bit more refined for sure!

Sounds like youre still young & thats a good thing. Take your time & make the right decision
Old May 20, 2018, 05:20 AM

Yeah I'm only 23 and have managed to avoid debt so far, so I'm still trying to stay out of debt until I buy a house. I have to say I'm not even into VWs or European cars, but the S4 is an alternative to the WRX (also in my price bracket) that feels a bit more "adult" and is definitely going to be less of a cop magnet. Granted the EVO is going to attract lots of attention but it would be worth to drive one. The WRX I'm not as fussed on. Also the S4 sounds pretty good with a nice exhaust so that helps.