Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

First big car purchase 2015 evo gsr?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First big car purchase 2015 evo gsr?

So finally saved up enough dough time to get rid of my chevy handy down... Really like the evo x gsr I have been looking at one and really thinking im gonna pull the trigger on it.. My question here is that this would be my first stick shift car i dont how to drive stick not really worried about learning.. But I was hoping someone could give me some positive reinforcement of my possible purchase or thoughts on going to a vehicle of this nature .. i am mostly interstate/highway driver i commute to work and home 45ish miles not much outside of that but overall thought on reliability or thoughts in general thanks in advance
Old Jun 9, 2018, 02:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts
Since its your first manual i just wouldn't go for a highly modified one, go for something close to stock.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 04:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey Ryan. I say, Go for It! Youll get the hang of it, no problem. We would like to have you as an active member & owning an EvO is your membership price

Let us know if you have other questions

Joe
Old Jun 9, 2018, 04:55 AM

Sounds good Joe thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 07:28 AM

The best way to learn to drive a manual is to own one! I went and test drove a MT some years ago without realizing that it was a manual. Owner had to test drive for me. 15 years later I will not buy anything apart from MT vehicles.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I taught my sons how to drive stick when they were 16, I took them down to a deserted industrial area and got them to put it in first then drove around for hours in first learning how to put clutch in and stop, then when they got confident we went into second, then third. I made an obstacle course and they went in and out of the hats learning how to drop it back a gear. Then a clutch start on a hill with hand brake and so on, I didn't let them go out into the traffic for about 3 months as I didn't want to die out there
Old Aug 16, 2018, 06:13 PM

Loving it so far been about a month or so and i have some noise concerns paticularly when in 3rd and 4th rpms around 3k there is a whining sound also if it matters i drive on the interstate to and from work do about 75-80 for like 10 minutes once i get off the interstate i can hear the noise only if windows are closed and radio is off a whirlling/but more of a whine in early gears will make the noise when in neutral and revving.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 06:16 PM

Done 30k service havent done serpentine belt yet