Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

help put the haters to rest

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2002, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help put the haters to rest

k basically all these kids round here think the wrx is the greatest car known to man. right now yea it prolly is best four cylinder in the US but they dont wanna believe me when isay evos will crush. for one i know the evo vii is better but they dooubt me there too. so if you guys could post some **** bout the evo vii an evo viii(even ho official specs arent released yet, just what you think they will be most likly) vs. the wrx i can print this **** an put the haters to rest. im thinkin they doubt me cuz i forget specs an **** sometimes an what not so if i have hard proof theyll shut the hell up. if u guys think the wrx is better then i guess im an ***,lol.

on a side note i got hit in the rear today of my 2002 1 onth old lancer es in black none the less. and scratched the **** outta the bumber an i think misalighned my trunk a lil somehow. im ****in pissed but the cops said legally it was my fault even tho this ***** sped up an ****. her van=no damage my lancer=scratched to **** etc.
Old Aug 23, 2002, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...207scc_versus/

i think that should help
Old Aug 23, 2002, 08:19 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Re: help put the haters to rest

Originally posted by MistaJimmy
right now yea it prolly is best four cylinder in the US
I'd have to say no to that (look left if you're confused).

As for the rest of what you said (or what I think you were trying to say), the WRX is a good car and a good performance value. Most people know nothing of the Evolution series, and even if they realize it's out there, they may not have an appreciation for it because they've never seen one first-hand. I tried explaining the car to a few co-workers, and they were baffled as to why I would consider spending $30k + on a Lancer.

Sometimes you just have to accept that not everyone will see the value in your preferred ride, and move on. Let them have their WRX, and you can have your Evolution (whenever it shows up).
Old Aug 24, 2002, 04:26 AM
Evolving Member

You know what? Let em' find out for themselves. That's the best way. Anyway, I would say that anyone who thinks that a factory WRX could burn an Evolution VII or VII is obviously a ricer! Let em' say what they want. Now the STi being able to take an Evolution, I could believe, but the WRX, Hell no! We'll show em' when the Evo gets here...!
Old Aug 24, 2002, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Or you could be driving a comparable car... who knows? The stuff in Sport Compact and all the other mags basically said that the EVO was heads above the rest because of the ACD/AYC which will probably be absent for gas tank size and weight. That and the rumors that the Brembos will be absent, and other stuff.

Don't get me wrong, the EVO is a great car... overseas, but since we don't know what we're getting over here, who knows? the WRX might be superior.
Old Aug 24, 2002, 04:39 AM

You have my condolences about your trunk
Old Aug 24, 2002, 09:12 AM

man thanx about the trunk......whats really horrible is that the woman knows its her fault an **** but legally it was my fault, long story...but thanx

about the wrx i just cant fathom it ever being a better car than the evo period. but oh well