Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Newbie but an Oldie

Old Aug 21, 2018, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Newbie but an Oldie

As you can see by my posts, I'm an oldie, but I haven't been posting since about 2006, I think. That's when I sold my evo. Well, 12 years later I'm thinking about getting back in the market. So, I recovered my screen name and decided to check the forum out. Wow, it's grown since the last time I was here. Currently I'm driving a 2008 G37 sport 6mt. I absolutely love the looksof my G, but it's hard to squeeze more power out of a high compression pretty much maxed out motor. I'm waffling between going with what I used to have, a BBY 8 or moving up to the X. I love the durability of the 4g63t but I also have gotten spoiled with nav, heated seats, backup camera, blutetooth, bose, etc....

I'm also considering a 2g dsm and/or FD rx7 fr the right price.

Here are a few pictures of my current car just after I got it wrapped in vinyl.

View this post on Instagram
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Aug 21, 2018)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a good daily driver with modern day amenities and are only doing basic bolt ons, then I would go with the X. It's also a newer car so more than likely you can find one that hasn't been abused too badly. My .02
EvilDylan (Aug 21, 2018)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey, great to have you post up, especially w/a renewed interest in getting into an EvO

Have had my 2006 EvO9 for 10 years & still enjoy the hobby. When I first got into it, I was very much anti EvOX. But the X has grown on me a bit. The 4B11 motor is more robust than i originally thought. It was the alum block & the turbo placement that threw me off, at first.

Keep us posted on your interest in getting back into the game
EvilDylan (Aug 21, 2018)
Old Aug 21, 2018, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm hoping to come across a used X with a built motor that I can take over a project on or just relieve someone of a car that they are tired of. I doubt I'll have that kind of luck, but I've got nothing but time. Thanks for the kind replies, guys.

Now, where's my old buddy Seth (Noize)?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 04:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilDylan
I'm hoping to come across a used X with a built motor that I can take over a project on or just relieve someone of a car that they are tired of. I doubt I'll have that kind of luck, but I've got nothing but time. Thanks for the kind replies, guys.

Now, where's my old buddy Seth (Noize)?

Great to hear your interest is peaking, again!. Hey, Seth & the gang are still around, not as much as in the past, but they still chime in from time to time

Joe

Search this Thread