Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New guy here Looking for 400Whp is my list good?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:36 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by ThatEvoGuy06

well thing is I eventually want to push 600whp on 93 after I buy a MAperformance built block.

well thing is I want more power eventually
Honestly, most people don't. Then they are stuck with a car that runs semi crappy and get discouraged. They are the ones that say how the Evo isn't really such a great car, they end up selling them off, etc. A poorly setup Evo is NOT fun. You would enjoy the car more if you set it up well in the first place, then upgrade as time goes on. You are looking to drop a lot of money into a car for parts that won't do ya any good for quite some time. That's doesn't sound like much fun, either.
Throwing 600whp stuff onto a stock block and dealing with it until you "some day" put in a built block doesn't make much sense, unless you plan on ordering it tomorrow.
Not trying to tell you that you are wrong, etc. so much as letting you know what I've seen happen every time someone goes this route. In the 8yrs I've been dealing with Evos, I've never seen anyone actually add a built engine at a later time.

IMO it makes more sense to buy a built block now, install it, and build around it over time.

I vote to save yourself a lot of money and build a car that is more fun to drive.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Spending signing bonus on car. Seen this time and time again. 600whp on 93 is hard. Spending money is easy.
Originally Posted by kaj
Honestly, most people don't. Then they are stuck with a car that runs semi crappy and get discouraged. They are the ones that say how the Evo isn't really such a great car, they end up selling them off, etc. A poorly setup Evo is NOT fun. You would enjoy the car more if you set it up well in the first place, then upgrade as time goes on. You are looking to drop a lot of money into a car for parts that won't do ya any good for quite some time. That's doesn't sound like much fun, either.
Throwing 600whp stuff onto a stock block and dealing with it until you "some day" put in a built block doesn't make much sense, unless you plan on ordering it tomorrow.
Not trying to tell you that you are wrong, etc. so much as letting you know what I've seen happen every time someone goes this route. In the 8yrs I've been dealing with Evos, I've never seen anyone actually add a built engine at a later time.

IMO it makes more sense to buy a built block now, install it, and build around it over time.

I vote to save yourself a lot of money and build a car that is more fun to drive.
honestly I kinda wanted the transfer case upgrade and upgrade my axles. I’d probably like to have some fun at the strip a few times month. The car doesn’t need to be a daily I actually never stated that I have a truck. I’m just looking for a 400-450 whp build able to run high 11’s. And street when I want too. I’ll pick one out of the three fast,reliable,cheap I’ll just pick fast reliability doesn’t affect me much
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:04 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts

honestly I kinda wanted the transfer case upgrade and upgrade my axles. I’d probably like to have some fun at the strip a few times month. The car doesn’t need to be a daily I actually never stated that I have a truck. I’m just looking for a 400-450 whp build able to run high 11’s. And street when I want too. I’ll pick one out of the three fast,reliable,cheap I’ll just pick fast reliability doesn’t affect me much
Fair enough. Some of us are just trying to save you from spending a few $$$s you don't really need to. I say it's your build so do what ya want. We were just trying to answer your OP.
... truck?
400-450whp and running 11s can be done on most of your stock stuff and be reliable. If you are excited to buy a bunch of parts, I say go for it. Whatever makes us happy, I'm down with.