Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Super New to Car Scene

Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Super New to Car Scene

Hi everyone,

TDawg here from Columbus, Ohio. I currently drive a 2017 Buick Regal 2.0T. I'm 23 years old and I'm brand new to the car scene. I also own a 2006 Honda CBR1000RR.
Spoiler

The reasons as to why I joined EvoM was because in the next two years I plan on getting rid of the Buick and getting an Evo 8/9. I have a ton of questions when it comes to modifications, what the best set up is, and much more.

I really hope I can grow with this community and possibly meet any locals! I'm in the process of restructuring my financial situation and that is why I am waiting two years to jump into an Evo.

If you have any threads that you think I should read, please feel free to attach them!

I look forward to meeting and talking to everyone!

-TDawg
Old Dec 23, 2018, 05:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey TDwag, Welcome aboard

Great to have you even though youre not an owner, yet. Purchasing any car, let alone an EvO is a hard decision, so take your time

Heres one of our Sticky threads regarding learning the EvO basics. Check it out here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...oking-evo.html

If you have any questions, let me know

Joe

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Dec 23, 2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 05:52 AM

Joe,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Total downer that I’m not an owner yet! I should have just bought one before I knew what they were . Anyways, I’ve heard about he “take your time” when picking an evo from a few friends now. I’m assuming it’s just the normal ask all the questions beforehand right?

Even though I’m 23, I’ve had my fair of bad/good luck when it comes to cars and I can only imagine a 400AWHP+ Evo won’t be much different

Thank you for dropping that link! I’m sure I’ll find helpful information in it!

Old Dec 24, 2018, 06:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Yeah, buying a 12-15 year old car can present some challenges. Looking for rust/corrosion damage is certainly an issue to be aware of

Hoping this is not going to be a daily driver, but understand if that is your intention. Having the EvO as a weekend project car is the goal IMHO
Old Dec 24, 2018, 07:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 221 Likes on 131 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you have a good plan. Take your time, but try to be ready to strike if/when you find a good deal.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Yeah, buying a 12-15 year old car can present some challenges. Looking for rust/corrosion damage is certainly an issue to be aware of
Definitely can understand that that aspect of it. I’ve seen a lot of clean Evo’s in my area and through the marketplace though so I have hope! I would love to daily drive one, but I know the effectiveness of that lol! It would probably be a sunny day, good weather car for me. I have intentions on buying an Evo and possible an RSX or something similar for a daily.

Originally Posted by DontStopMe
Welcome! Sounds like you have a good plan. Take your time, but try to be ready to strike if/when you find a good deal.
Hopefully everything works out! Two years can change a lot haha. I’m hoping the deals are as good as they are right now.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Its actually mandatory to join here first otherwise mistakes and money hits hard with these cars

Search this Thread