Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Making plans to get another

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Making plans to get another

Hello, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I'm one of those car guys that can't keep a car longer than a year and then moves on. The only exception to that was my 2004 Evo in wicked white. I'm currently in a 2018 Honda Civic Sport that my ex had me buy as we were getting ready to start a family. Since that's out the window, I am looking into buying a friend's Evo 8 I've helped with over the past few years. It's currently disassembled due to a failed 2nd gear. The goal would be to pick it up this winter, and get it ready to take over daily driver duties in the spring so I can unload the Civic. We'll see what happens, I also have a 2001 BMW M3 in Laguna Seca Blue that I have to figure out what to do with as well(currently disassembled and needs about 100 hours of work to get back on the road).
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Dec 28, 2018)
Old Dec 28, 2018, 09:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey welcome

Yeah, be great to get you into an 8, but even better if you can use it only has your 2nd car, if possible

Keep us posted on your progress. We could use a good gearhead on the EvOM boards (youre a previous owner, so you already know the EvO)

Joe
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:14 AM

Thanks, you are right but I also ride a 2010 Ducati Monster 1100s so it's a good backup if the weather is nice. Ideally I'd part the M3 out and keep the civic as the daily since it's a 35mpg reliable boost box. I couldn't help myself though and already have a ktuner on it.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by pikwit
Thanks, you are right but I also ride a 2010 Ducati Monster 1100s so it's a good backup if the weather is nice. Ideally I'd part the M3 out and keep the civic as the daily since it's a 35mpg reliable boost box. I couldn't help myself though and already have a ktuner on it.
Excellent. Im a bike fan but dont ride them anymore Always wanted to run a Ducati w/dry clutch

For me, these EvO's are weekend cars only but certainly nothing wrong w/DD'g them
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:40 AM

I love the dry clutch. The desmo service on the other hand... kind of a pain but the 2 valve air cooled motor is waaaaay easier than the 4 valve water cooled bikes.

Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:12 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I like it. Well sorted w/theTermignoni exhaust, dry clutch & the Ohilns. Id ride that! Cant ride the superbike styles anymore. Need something a bit more upright

Also, like the KTM SuperDuke. Heres my KTM inspired de-tracked EvO (haha)

Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:31 AM

Yep, that's perfect. The 8 I'm looking at is apex silver but the paint was horrifically damaged by a significant other's momentary lack of sanity(long story). I was thinking about picking it up and just getting it wrapped white. I'll grab some before the damage pics of it when I get home tonight.