Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New member here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member here

Hello fellow Evo owners. I've been in the Mitsubishi world for 12 years plus or so now. Mostly was with DSMs. But acquired a 05 MR about 8 months ago now. Love it, by far more fun and better overall over a dsm. Sadly its parked for the winter and in the process of rebuilding the block. Long story short. Previous owner didn't do something right/had a horrible tune. I look forward to putting this thing back together over winter and driving her again.

I'm fairly knowledgeable about cars and Mitsubishi in general, but I'm no god by all means. Still alot about the evo itself i need to learn. I look forward to the adventure and the information that i shall receive and learn from this site.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 07:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Excellent. Great to have you join us (8 months late haha)

We can use another competent DSM'r / 4G63 member around here

Welcome (BTW, i own a 2006 RS)

Joe
Old Jan 2, 2019, 07:22 AM

Yes it's late on joining. Been getting alot of help locally and from here as well so I decided to actually make a account. Can never have to much help or information.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where in Wisconsin are you? I've got a couple buddies in the MKE area that have turned a few bolts on Evos over the years if you need help with a project or want to hang out and grab some beers and bench race.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by pikwit
Where in Wisconsin are you? I've got a couple buddies in the MKE area that have turned a few bolts on Evos over the years if you need help with a project or want to hang out and grab some beers and bench race.
I'm in a small town near Madison called Marshall. Its always good to know some local evo guys for sure. Right now I have my motor torn apart. Picked up a good used block being mine is shot(merry christmas to me) have to get everything to the machine shop so i can order pistons and get it assembled. Already have rods on the way. Hoping my crank checks out good.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 11:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome. New to posting here too but a longtime lurker and Evo / DSM owner. Hoping to learn and contribute.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 08:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Evo Arcana
Welcome. New to posting here too but a longtime lurker and Evo / DSM owner. Hoping to learn and contribute.
Welcome. No more lurking @Evo Arcana

Post up & looking fwd to seeing more of you on the boards

Old May 10, 2020, 10:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New/experienced member

Ahoy! Montana Mitsu guy here. Long time lurker too. Auto tech of 18 years. I'm on my 2nd Evo 8, I also own a GVR4(#1007) and a 90 talon tsi. Road raced my 05 MR for over 3 years now on 360whp with zero issues. Been a DSM guy since 2001. Pro esports driver for Team Highlands Racing(THR) Looking forward to sharing my years of knowledge on Mitsubishis as well as looking to meet some new friends! Feel free to hmu for anything!
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (May 10, 2020)
Old May 10, 2020, 10:40 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by THR_Evo8
Ahoy! Montana Mitsu guy here. Long time lurker too. Auto tech of 18 years. I'm on my 2nd Evo 8, I also own a GVR4(#1007) and a 90 talon tsi. Road raced my 05 MR for over 3 years now on 360whp with zero issues. Been a DSM guy since 2001. Pro esports driver for Team Highlands Racing(THR) Looking forward to sharing my years of knowledge on Mitsubishis as well as looking to meet some new friends! Feel free to hmu for anything!
Alright @THR_Evo8

Great to have you join us, especially an experienced Mitsu / DSM'r

Any questions about the forum, let me know

Joe (RS 9 Owner)
The following users liked this post:
THR_Evo8 (May 10, 2020)
Old May 19, 2020, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome, Im in the Janesville area if your ever need help i got a pretty sweet shop at my house.