Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New member here

Old Jan 14, 2019, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member here

hello guys new member here looking to get some help on the ecuflash, having an issue on the edit side can't get the edited rom saved properly to open it on the program.
will apreciate all the help guys!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 03:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Have you downloaded all of the appropriate xml rom definitions and placed them into your ecu flash evo program directory? This is how the software can decipher the maps to open them correctly.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pal215:
MinusPrevious (Jan 14, 2019), Nelflow (Jan 14, 2019)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 03:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Yes, Welome aboard

Im not an ECU guru otherwise i would chip-in

Old Jan 14, 2019, 03:43 PM

i connected the pc and saved the car's rom 2 times but when i tried editing to use a patch for the 4 bar map and saved it will not apear to open it on ecu flash, do i need other program instead os wordpad?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 04:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by Nelflow
i connected the pc and saved the car's rom 2 times but when i tried editing to use a patch for the 4 bar map and saved it will not apear to open it on ecu flash, do i need other program instead os wordpad?
I see. You should be fine with using wordpad, Notepadd++, or just regular notepad, but it could not hurt to try another program. IIRC there is a specific place in the xml's where the patch has to be placed otherwise it won't be picked up by ecuflash. Are you pasting the patch at the very end of the xml ? If so, that might be 1 or 2 lines too far.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 05:46 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
The coding has to be cut/pasted into the ROM data for the ROM you are using. It's best to use Notpad++, or whatever. I forget why, but I think it's due to the formatting.
The following users liked this post:
Nelflow (Jan 14, 2019)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pal215
I see. You should be fine with using wordpad, Notepadd++, or just regular notepad, but it could not hurt to try another program. IIRC there is a specific place in the xml's where the patch has to be placed otherwise it won't be picked up by ecuflash. Are you pasting the patch at the very end of the xml ? If so, that might be 1 or 2 lines too far.
iit say don't have permision to save it there

Search this Thread