Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

My new Evo 9 MR

Old Jan 31, 2019, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My new Evo 9 MR

Hello to everyone I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hi. I've always loved the 4g63t platform and I have a lovely awd dsm and now I've picked up a Apex silver evo 9 MR with fairly low miles (less that 70k) for what I think is the deal of the year.......dear I say it.......6k .

Old Feb 1, 2019, 05:37 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to Evom!

Bob
Old Feb 1, 2019, 05:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hey alright, welcome aboard. Youll be a great addition to the group here being that youve been a 4G63 guy for some time

If you have any questions, let us know

BTW, ive got a 9 RS

Joe
Old Feb 1, 2019, 05:53 AM

Hey Bob, glad to be here.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 05:57 AM

Thanks Joe, nice to meet you guys. I've been playing with the 4g platform for a while but this is the 1st evo I've played with.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 06:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Weve got some real serious EvO players in Florida. Youre in good company

Make sure you get to know the guys on the boards by participating. We have a projects thread, where we would love to follow your progress

Post up here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pr...d-threads-344/
Old Feb 1, 2019, 06:56 AM

Yeah I know but it's real scarce on the dsm side. You will find more Hondas, V8s, and the Nissan crowd a lot more. Trying to get the Talon tuned with the ecu I have is like pulling teeth lol. But once the evo build starts I will definitely try my best to keep you guys updated. I do all my own work except transmission stuff and tuning (scared to blow up a lot of hard work and money). One other thing how do you guys feel about completely changing the color from the Apex Silver to a deep red (red is my favorite color)? Is it more of a value in the evo community to keep the factory color or it's kind of a just pic a color you like and go for it?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 07:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

As im sure you know, EvO prices have certainly gained over the last no. of years. I can sell my 06 RS for approx what i paid for it 11 years ago

Not sure that changing the color will affect the cost so much. But, keeping it the same color will present itself better as in engine bay, trunk & door jams. Looks suspect when you see a nice RED paint w/a silver engine bay & door jams etc
Old Feb 1, 2019, 08:08 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 221 Likes on 131 Posts
deal of the year for sure. If its a complete car its worth 6k no matter what... but whats wrong with it?

Want to make a quick 2k and sell it to me? ha
Old Feb 1, 2019, 08:27 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
$8001... I'll even pick it up!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 08:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 721 Likes on 566 Posts
Nice, I love the 97-98 Talon style. Kinda goofy but very cool looking IMO. I had a 95 for ~8yrs before the Evo, Wish I still had it sometimes
Old Feb 1, 2019, 09:19 AM

Oh no trust me I am painting EVERYTHING not just the outside I'm not one to half@$$ a job. The engine and trans is already out and because I want to get a nice build going and the evo is just 1 out of 5 cars I own so it's not a DD or anything so I dont mind not driving it for a while. Plus I got the talon if I have the 4g itch . I'm trying to build a moderately fast/powerful car that is also beautiful and a color I can watch all day and say Damn I love that color. Dont get me wrong I've seen some members on here with Apex Silver and their cars are beautiful but I'm in a toss up with keeping it silver or going to a nice red. I'm one that dont cheap out when it comes to cars at all.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 09:25 AM

It was a buddy of mines car that he just had sitting and he really didn't have time for it anymore. The 6k price was if I wanted it but anyone else it was 12k. I decided to buy it and make it my new project. Came with a spare 6 speed trans, manly rods and pistons, and a eagle crank. He was just most likely happy the car is going to a good home. Hell he even asked if I wanted the VQ35 that had a spun bearing out of his dad's 350z.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 03:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
I’m gonna say the $6000 cost is 100% Bull**** from the OP.
anyone would be lucky to find a rolling shell at that cost, a running eco 9 for $6k is bull****!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
I’m gonna say the $6000 cost is 100% Bull**** from the OP.
anyone would be lucky to find a rolling shell at that cost, a running eco 9 for $6k is bull****!
Dude go have many seats.. What do you know! I’m the one that sold him the 9. The car has just been taking up space in my garage for the past few years. I’ve known D for about 10 years. Yes I could have sold it to some idiot kid for $10k but I rather sell it to a friend.

Search this Thread