Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New things in life, with quick acceleration.

Old Mar 14, 2019, 03:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New things in life, with quick acceleration.

Hey guys/gals,

Just purchased an 2008 GSR, completely new to the evo scene so I have a lot to learn. The purchase is for my wife, but I know I'll be spending all the time under the hood lol. She previously had an Evo 8 MR and gave it up when we got together, so I promised I would replace it.

I used to be into the import scene when I was younger, so I am familiar with some things from the days I spent with my 91 crx si, but I already know I have a lot to learn and relearn again lol.

About us, we are truck drivers so unfortunately a lot of things will happen to the car in bursts, instead of over time. We do drive all over the country, and really enjoy it. I'll probably lurk for a bit while I read and search through posts all the while getting used to terms and basics.

About the car.... came across the 08 in Oklahoma, 64k miles with a few exterior defects. Dealership just put a brand new trans in it, though previous owner decided to swap rotors for non-slotted/drilled and neglected the pads. I can see that something was poorly installed in the center console then later removed, along with an aftermarket boost gauge that was hastily put in and later the wiring partially ripped apart. All in all, I know it's going to need some TLC, but we will cross the bridges as they come.

Looking forward to all of the information I can find here, and with being a part of a new community. So, without any further adieu... here is a couple shots of the evo and one of our truck.

Old Mar 14, 2019, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats
Old Mar 14, 2019, 06:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Alright, Welcome to EvOM & to being a new EvO owner

Great to have you both on line w/us on the boards. Youve got previous experience w/the EvO as you noted (thats a plus)

EvO looks excellent & so does your tractor

Hope to see you on the boards, post up (no more lurking haha)

Joe

Search this Thread