Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

good muffler ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2002, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good muffler ideas?

I'm looking to add a new muffler or exaust and want a nice purr to come out...not the high pitch soundlike the hondas make...they sound like something out of the Jetsons...I'm not really looking for loud just a nice sound out the back since I dont have the money to add all the stuff to the motor to make it come from there...Any ideas?
Old Sep 13, 2002, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Got 150-200 bucks? Get an RMR or RRM intake. Sounds every bit as good as an exhaust, and is probably cheaper, and maybe easier to install. I have the RMR intake, thats why I listed it. I would now probably go with the RRM. No difference between the two, really. Its just that Rob and his group at RRM have got to be the nicest people in the tuner market to deal with. Trust me though, the intake is a nice way to gain sound. (hp too, the whole 2 hp it adds at the wheels,lol)
Old Sep 16, 2002, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

I'd go with a Magnaflow muffler. They not all that expensive and sound nice. And go with a 2.25" Cat-Back exhaust. Then buy the RRM Test Pipe. That would give your car a nice sound to it. Then add a Injen Cold Air Intake.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 07:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go with the RRM exhaust. That is next on my list of stuff to get.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 08:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Custom muffler welded on will always be cheaper, but you can't do it yourself. Or get a Buschur exhaust that's loud as ***** and sets off car alarms. The only downside of going the Buschur route is hanger issues. The tip liked melting my bumper very much because it wouldn't sit straight but the sound can't be beat. RRM's been agreed upon as a very nice sound. You can also swap it on and off with stock if that's what you're looking for. If all you want is sound...well...it really doesn't matter.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

www.magnaflow.com check for your local dealer locator (example : Car-X), go over there, get a magnaflow muffler for about 225 bucks, you probably won't even need a catback exhaust piping, you might want to take out your resonator though if you want real loud sound. Ask them to weld a pipe to replace the resonator.
Old Sep 17, 2002, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

i got a custom one done with a magnaflow muffler, im like you i dont like the high pitch sounds and my muffler sounds perfect.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 12:15 AM

i got a 5zigen muffler welded to 2.25" cat back pipe...sounds really nice...not an annoying whiney noise
Old Sep 22, 2002, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

just wondering, but what would it sound like if you went to pronto or something and had them replace the resonator with a pipe, and left the stock muffler on?
Old Sep 22, 2002, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

then people'll just think you have a crappy car with a broken muffler if you stick with the stock muffler, at least that's what I think of all the honda bastards who wants loud noise but too cheap to buy a freakin muffler, so they take out or "break" the resonator. If you want sporty tuned noise, pay for it, don't imitate it, otherwise chances are people are going to criticize, just my two cents
The following users liked this post:
Emm Lewis (Mar 4, 2020)
Old Sep 22, 2002, 08:31 AM

Just wondering but what do you think is a better exhaust muffler a NAKAYAMA, tanabe, or HKS?!? I am looking to put one on my car!! ----

Last edited by Fastpaced; Sep 22, 2002 at 02:24 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Fastpaced
Just wondering but what do you think is a better exhaust muffler a yokahama, tanabe, or HKS?!?
You're kidding right? Yokohama? They make tires, as in NOT EXHAUST MUFFLER. They make nothing but tires
Old Sep 22, 2002, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

go with the yokohama.
Old Sep 22, 2002, 02:23 PM

I am sorry to have misworded it pimpson AND JohnmemorialHS since everything yall do is so ****ing right and everything everyone else does it so damn riticuled!!!!!!! But i meant Nakayama!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM VERY SORRY PIMPSON AND JOHNMEMORIALHS YALL ARE SO PERFECT!!!!!! I WILL NEVER MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 22, 2002, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Cool, cause that **** was STOOPID bro.

p.s. ridiculed doesn't have a T.

i need

Quick Reply: good muffler ideas?