Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

2005 EVO MR or 2005 STI

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 EVO MR or 2005 STI

Which one would you choice any why? I am looking to buy one or the other in the next few months and would like some info what you guys think
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:12 PM

MR Man!
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Have there been any significant upgrades to the 05 STI? As far as I can tell, the changes seem to be purely cosmetic.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:13 PM

But why???? is the 6 speed going to worth it
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:14 PM

dude this is evom.net not nasaoic, ofcourse the majority is evo mr all the way, hello? are you lost or something?
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

if you're buying the car to drive..i mean really drive...then get the MR. it will smack down the sti on a road course any day of the week. if you're buying the car just for fun transportation, get the sti.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

they're very similar cars, either could make you happy. figure out the differences and make your choice. I got a better deal on an Evo and thought the birdcatcher scoop for the TMIC to be really ugly on the STi. both wings are pretty ricey.

the Evo handles better and the seats are better if you're under 200lb. if you're really big, then the STi's wider seats will be better.

I owned an Impreza already and while I modified it... it wasn't the most reliable vehicle in the world. Evos make a lot more power, a lot more reliably.

you should know ALL of these things if you're done your research. you didn't come here just to have us spend your $32k did you? it's your money, you find your own answers.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:32 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ColinL

the Evo handles better and the seats are better if you're under 200lb. if you're really big, then the STi's wider seats will be better..
Actually our USDM seats are really wide! The STi seat just plain suck compared to our Recaro.

Decision between MR vs STi is not even comparable. There is a hugh performance gap that make the current STi owners trade up.

If you perfer STi wait for the "spec C". That's the car comparable to the MR. I'd bet it comes out soon. Just watch and wait
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:41 PM

I love the evo i really dont want the sti but i want to know how reliable the evo will be? Beacause even tho it is 33k or so for the MR i dotn want to be spending money all the time to fix stuff. Which one is more reliable ?
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Evo MR unless the spec C comes, then wait to see which performs better through mag tests.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

I sold my EVO and bought an 05 STI. There are some improvements over the 04, wider wheels (now 8"), aluminum rear links, faster steering, factory radio with 6 CD changer. Even with the improvements it doesn't steer or handle as good as an EVO. It's got good power, better than the EVO I think. A regular EVO I mean, who knows about the 05 EVO. The STI works nice as a regular car. More torque, less revs on the highway, cruise control. Not quite as much fun as the EVO. The Mitsubishi financial situation might affect your decision... it did for me because I don't think the company is going to survive.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

The MR will smack the STI up and down in every race including top speed adn 1/4 mile.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

I think either car is fine...you cant go wrong if you pick either the sti or the mr. The MR will have the edge in handling while the sti will have the edge in power.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dale_K
I sold my EVO and bought an 05 STI. There are some improvements over the 04, wider wheels (now 8"), aluminum rear links, faster steering, factory radio with 6 CD changer. Even with the improvements it doesn't steer or handle as good as an EVO. It's got good power, better than the EVO I think. A regular EVO I mean, who knows about the 05 EVO. The STI works nice as a regular car. More torque, less revs on the highway, cruise control. Not quite as much fun as the EVO. The Mitsubishi financial situation might affect your decision... it did for me because I don't think the company is going to survive.
to surivie thats funny. Mitsu corp will never die, when you say mitsu you say japan and when you say japan you say mitsu. Mitsu corp will never let their younger sister die no way. They will keep fueling it until we die not mitsu.
Old Jun 25, 2004, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by modvp
I think either car is fine...you cant go wrong if you pick either the sti or the mr. The MR will have the edge in handling while the sti will have the edge in power.
the MR runs 0 to 60 in 4.2 sec I have never heard of an STI runing that fast. MR 1/4 mile is in the high 12 sec

Quick Reply: 2005 EVO MR or 2005 STI