EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   Mini Battery Kits? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/460621-mini-battery-kits.html)

TK40 Nov 28, 2009 11:37 AM

Mini Battery Kits?

Hey guys,

I'm planning on ordering the ETS short route intercooler pipes with their mini battery kit.

I was wondering if I have to worry about the mini battery ever dieing on me or causing any problems? Only after market electronics I am running is a single DIN radio.

Thanks!

griffeyr Nov 28, 2009 11:39 AM

I'm am interested in the ets mini kit as well...My question is, why is so much less expensive than the ams or buschur mini kits?

will05 Nov 28, 2009 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by griffeyr (Post 7749938)
I'm am interested in the ets mini kit as well...My question is, why is so much less expensive than the ams or buschur mini kits?

Because it does not have ams or buschur log on it....lol...

griffeyr Nov 28, 2009 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by will05 (Post 7749949)
Because it does not have ams or buschur log on it....lol...

haha Ur prob somewhat right...Michael do you wanna chime in on this one?

Svendiesel Nov 28, 2009 12:25 PM

My car has the buschur mini-battery and I havent had any problems with it at all.

19DB794 Nov 28, 2009 12:43 PM

I have the AMS battery kit and its been in my car for about a year and it has never given me any problems. Always starts up even with very cold temps since my car is daily driven year round.

TK40 Nov 29, 2009 04:52 PM

Anyone else have long term experience with the ETS kit?

ak47po Nov 29, 2009 05:02 PM

I have the Ets kit with the Super Value Battery for a year no problems.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...g?t=1259542933

evoll Nov 29, 2009 07:59 PM

cbrd is installing my mini battery with jmfab hold down and jmfab uicp wedn. so gonna find out how well they start with cold weather myself lol.

griffeyr Nov 30, 2009 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by evoll (Post 7752913)
cbrd is installing my mini battery with jmfab hold down and jmfab uicp wedn. so gonna find out how well they start with cold weather myself lol.

what battery r u using?

misfit8 Nov 30, 2009 09:39 AM

I am also interested in this set up. But I was told by my shop guy that if the car sits for about a week, the batt. could be dead. I dont want to go out and have to start my car every other day to keep it juiced up. Has anybody ever had that problem?

Jp7 Nov 30, 2009 10:20 AM

I have the ETS battery kit and my battery went dead the other month. It lasted about 1 year, maybe a year and a half. I have learned that it is definately smart to keep the car on charge with an automatic trickle charger whenever it is parked. I don't drive my car very often, only about once every 2 weeks or so, and it is off the road all year from november till april. When my battery died, I replaced it with the same battery from B&B battery for only 77$.

Genesis8 Nov 30, 2009 10:23 AM

IMO the stock battery is better then the mini battery.

ssg_petty_210 Nov 30, 2009 10:34 AM

my friend has the ets mini in his evo 8, two years running no issues. go ets

yahu Nov 30, 2009 10:38 AM

I have the Buschur, which I believe is an Odyssey (can't remember the model/part # off the top of my head). I believe it has the same, if not a higher CCA rating and it has worked great in my car for 2+ years, going on 3 years.

I run a couple big-ish amps and a JL 12w6 and the only issue I have is I can't keep the system running for more than an hour with the car off. I have killed the battery only once while not paying attention to the drain.

BTW - I drive my car year round in WA state, so the weather gets cold but not horrendously low. I have let my car sit for as much as a week with no issues either.