EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   Newbie having a hard time finding motivated sellers (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/748493-newbie-having-hard-time-finding-motivated-sellers.html)

Nikoli707 May 6, 2018 08:45 AM

Newbie having a hard time finding motivated sellers

Newbie here, first post... though i have lurked around over the years. Im looking for an 06 SE apex silver in relatively oem condition with under 80k on the od. Every few weeks they seem to come along, but they dont seem very common at all. My main problem is it seems sellers dont want a Mitsubishi dealer to touch the car, they dont trust them. All im trying to do it get a regular old pre purchase inspection, you know, leakdown/compression and the simple works. They have offered to have a local "turbo performance shop" do an inspection, but not the dealership. Is there a reason behind this? To me it is shady and a huge red flag but maybe im so out of the loop with there is a reason evo owners distrust the dealer. ive been interested in 3 so far, 2 from resellers, 1 from a private party.

Otherwise i plan on just doing the regular mods to the car, exhaust, intake, boost controller, 255, and a tune. I have basically the same mods on my duramax, minus the BC.

Thanks, hopefully soon i will find one that is legit. But if it takes me 6 months or so.. so be it.

Biggiesacks May 6, 2018 09:16 AM

Mitsubishi techs aren't exactly known to be as knowledgeable as your reputable shop that specializes in the car/platform. Plus when you go to ask what its gonna cost to fix what ever misc. thing the dealer may find its going to be a dealer quote which will be much higher then what a good shop would probably quote. That obviously puts a seller at a disadvantage from a negotiating standpoint. At any rate its something both you and the seller need to agree on, so that means a willingness on your part to compromise so that the seller is comfortable too. If the only thing your comfortable with is a dealer that's fine its just gonna take longer to find what your looking for.

Good luck with your search, and have patience it's worth it, your doing the right thing asking for a PPI.

MinusPrevious May 6, 2018 09:28 AM

Hey, Welcome aboard & thanks for posting

Yeah, Their shop maybe too busy to perform a non invoicing inspection?

Keep searching & keep us posted if you have questions

Joe :beer:

Nikoli707 Aug 8, 2018 06:03 PM

Just a little update. I did get a 2006 evo 9 apex silver SE 5 speed 68xxx miles a couple months ago. Im happy with it, well not yet. I drove it 2000 miles home and its been sitting ever since. Many boltons have taken over, i should have it on the road in a few weeks.

MinusPrevious Aug 8, 2018 06:22 PM

Wow, Thats excellent news. Post up a few pics please

Congrats for sure. Make sure you stay active on the EvOM boards. If you are doing a project build, we have a Thread for that!
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pr...d-threads-344/

:beer:

Nikoli707 Aug 8, 2018 06:31 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...2d31e2c234.jpg
Only picture i really have of it together. I will get more up as soon as its on the road.

MinusPrevious Aug 8, 2018 07:39 PM

Looks very, very nice. All is tidy, including the garage:cool:

Well done!

BTW, looks to have an EVO8 rear wing?

Nikoli707 Aug 9, 2018 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious (Post 11834374)
Looks very, very nice. All is tidy, including the garage:cool:

Well done!

BTW, looks to have an EVO8 rear wing?

hmmm, i have no idea about different wings besides what they are made of.

MinusPrevious Aug 9, 2018 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nikoli707 (Post 11834505)
hmmm, i have no idea about different wings besides what they are made of.

If you have an EvO9 that is not the orig wing. That wing is from an 8

No big deal. Actually the 8 wing is much better than the 9. The 8 has the horiz element filled w/foam & they have the carbon inserts in the uprights

Nikoli707 Aug 9, 2018 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious (Post 11834506)
If you have an EvO9 that is not the orig wing. That wing is from an 8

No big deal. Actually the 8 wing is much better than the 9. The 8 has the horiz element filled w/foam & they have the carbon inserts in the uprights

Hmm interesting. It was in a minor rear end accident recently so they might have just used parts they had around, or maybe the previous owner liked the carbon fiber inner and wanted the stronger evo 8 wing. car is a mivec with the acd and a manufacture date of july 2006 though.... vins all checked out. as far as i know the vortex generator isn't a normal special edition thing either, they added that at some point... but whatever, i definitely like it. now i just need to find a jdm rear bumper for a decent price shipped.