EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules-61/)
-   -   I got the bug!!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evom-new-member-faqs-evom-rules/753090-i-got-bug.html)

xclusive_evo Feb 10, 2019 07:20 AM

I got the bug!!!

Hello all I came across a Evo online that was heavily modified and quickly became a fan!!! I now have the bug to get a evo.. I am not sure and I am here to learn more about the evo, modifications and find a place in the northeast where I can have these modifications done. I had a 89 mustang GT worked to the bones was getting mid 9's on the track 15 years ago

my first question is there a difference between the evolution and the lancer evolution?

ctfpevoVIII Feb 10, 2019 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by xclusive_evo (Post 11860248)
Hello all I came across a Evo online that was heavily modified and quickly became a fan!!! I now have the bug to get a evo.. I am not sure and I am here to learn more about the evo, modifications and find a place in the northeast where I can have these modifications done. I had a 89 mustang GT worked to the bones was getting mid 9's on the track 15 years ago

my first question is there a difference between the evolution and the lancer evolution?

Welcome you will not be disappointed if you get a evo! The evolution is a lancer evolution, but there were other trims gsr, se , and the mr. That was a pretty fast mustang you had, was it still a street car or just 1/4 track car? There are plenty of street evo’s out there that will run 9’s and still have all its seats and ac too!! Definitely a great car and hopefully one day be worth some good money, though they presently hold their value well. Good luck!

xclusive_evo Feb 10, 2019 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII (Post 11860253)

Welcome you will not be disappointed if you get a evo! The evolution is a lancer evolution, but there were other trims gsr, se , and the mr. That was a pretty fast mustang you had, was it still a street car or just 1/4 track car? There are plenty of street evo’s out there that will run 9’s and still have all its seats and ac too!! Definitely a great car and hopefully one day be worth some good money, though they presently hold their value well. Good luck!

My mustang was auto, had a tremec 5 speed put in, bored the engine, replaced cam, pistons, headers, and the list goes on and on. It remained street legal. sold it after I got cought speeding 125 on 55 and had to go to court lol. Anyone know of a good club in Noretheast to join?

MinusPrevious Feb 10, 2019 01:15 PM

Hey alright, welcome aboard

Hope you get the bug enough to buy an EvO

Ive owned my Lancer for 11 years. As noted, they are all Lancers (haha)

Joe
:beer:

Evo Arcana Feb 10, 2019 06:33 PM

Welcome! Every Evo is a Lancer but not every Lancer is an Evo. Check out the regional sub-forums for the NE and you can find meet-ups, local forum members, etc.

MinusPrevious Feb 10, 2019 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Evo Arcana (Post 11860316)
Every Evo is a Lancer but not every Lancer is an Evo.

That is classic. I like that {thumbup}
Similar to: Every square is a rectangle but not all rectangles are square (something like that haha)