Notices

Evo X ACD Pump Preventative Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X ACD Pump Preventative Maintenance

I've been noticing more and more Evo X customers getting jacked around by the dealership when it comes to the replacement of their ACD pumps. I want to prevent the growing frustration of the Evo X owners by handling this situation before it happens. This is a matter of when it happens- not if. The way the pump is assembled from the factory, it is going to have these problems, unless you live in AZ.

I've been seeing more and more motors go bad on these particular pumps due to the design, layout, placement, etc. This is not a good thing, because they are not rebuild-able once the motor takes a dump from the corrosion entering the housing. This means that the owner has to buy a second hand pump that is not guaranteed or spend a boatload of cash on a brand new unit. I personally don't like either option and I'm sure you guys feel the same.

What I would like to do is start a preventative maintenance program for all Evo X customers. This is a simple procedure that will have a great outcome for the future and leave the owner worry free of anything that may happen.

Here's how it works:
-Send me your pump minus hard metal lines and any metal brackets.
-Do send all solenoids, pressure sensor, reservoir with both rubber lines. (Please remove the solenoids and package them in a padded envelope) (I've seen shipping damage to the solenoids and that's not a good situation)
-I will run a diagnostic on all electrical portions of the pump and the pump itself
-I will then disassemble the pump, assess if it requires a kit and seal the pump to prevent any corrosion issues in the future. The sealant I use is the same sealant that Audi uses to seal and mate their aluminum engine blocks- it's good, very expensive and gets the job done the first time and for the last time.
-I will run a full diagnostic on your pump after I'm done- this checks pressure of the motor, motor with solenoids activated, and solenoid function.
-I will then send your freshly sealed pump back to you free of charge.

Pricing:
- Re-seal, no kit required, pre-test, post test, inspection, shipping $349.99
- Re-seal, kit required, pre-test, post test, inspection, shipping $599.99 ($50 off normal rebuild pricing)

I will email pictures to each customer showing the condition of their pump, internals of the pump, motor, etc so there is no doubt on what should be done.

I hope people will take advantage of this offer because I really do believe that it will reduce major headaches, phone calls, frustration, etc.

Please email me with any questions at all at:
support@acd-tuning.com

http://www.acd-tuning.com/evo-x.html

Matthew Manke

Last edited by ACD Tuning; Nov 13, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:50 AM

emailed you!

-Eric R
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:01 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts
Hey,

Are you guys here in Nashville/Bellevue area now? Your location says Maryland, but was wondering, since I'm local and would love to check it out sometime.

Thanks,

Seth

Last edited by Noize; Jan 25, 2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Noize
Hey,

Are you guys here in Nashville/Bellevue area now? Your location says Maryland, but was wondering, since I'm local and would love to check it out sometime.

Thanks,

Seth
Seth,

That is our new location- still having teething problems from the move, but it's getting there. PM me sometime and we can meet up
Old Apr 16, 2013, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just shot you guys an email.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does that free shipping include Canada
Old Jun 11, 2013, 03:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CFMP RAblue
Does that free shipping include Canada
Unfortunately not... The pumps being as expensive and heavy as they are, I only ship USPS Express, which gives tracking, insurance, and delivery conformation.

Matt
Old Jun 27, 2013, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Sent you a pm

Last edited by skylinegtr35; Jun 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 03:56 PM

Is a rebuilt recommended before the pump goes out or as soon as you can? My evo is brand new but will look into this in the future.
What is the expected life on the rebuilt pumps? I know stock ones go up to 40k.
and Final question - can you drive the car around with the pump being removed? (let's say when I send it over.

Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2013, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by ignitionr34
can you drive the car around with the pump being removed? (let's say when I send it over.

Thanks!
yes, you can drive without the pump.... it will not handle as well, but no harm will be done if you drive without it..